Supplying functional furniture that also provides comfort is a primary focus for us. However, here at The Mobility Furniture Company, we know that our customers want their new furniture to look nice in their homes.
There is no need to choose between form and function. We have spoken with leaders in the field to develop stylish mobility furniture that is also functional for our consumers.
As a result, we get a lot of questions from consumers who want our opinion on whether or not their sofa and chair should match. To help you answer this crucial question, we have provided some fashion advice below.
Benefits Of Recliner Chairs And Sofas
In today’s culture, stress is accepted as a way of life. Anxiety is the true origin of all back pain. Migraine and tension headaches, as well as problems with memory and fatigue, can be brought on by stress. Constant erect posture puts unnecessary strain on the spine and neck, thus it’s best to take frequent breaks. Recliners are ideal and convenient for this function. A recliner’s principal function is to help you relax and unwind. The recliner allows you to lean back whenever you like while still providing the necessary support. Furthermore, a massage chair and heated pad are included. Do you have a sore back? With that in mind, we’ve produced a list of the top 8 recliners for back pain in 2020.
In addition to being comfortable, recliners can help alleviate discomfort. The persistent muscle tension is usually the cause of the stressful and unpleasant stress on your neck, back, and shoulders. Repetitive motions, such as those involved in moving heavy loads, being pregnant, or sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, can also contribute. Relaxing in a recliner can help alleviate pain in the affected areas of the body, regardless of the underlying cause. There are several different types of recliners on the market, and they all offer varying degrees of relaxation. Here is a current rundown of all the recliners that have been rated as the best for relieving back pain.
Improves Blood Circulation:
After a long day at the office, if your joints and feet hurt, it’s time to find an all-in-one solution. Recliners by Bradington Young are very useful in this regard. Prolonged periods of sitting or standing are the primary cause of this problem. Gravity has an adverse effect on blood flow, and this effect worsens over time. The simplest way to avoid these problems is to use reclining chairs.
Help In Aching Joints:
Many of the symptoms of arthritis include joint stiffness and swelling. Arthritis causes them pain and anguish. Therefore, no one is in a better position to appreciate the impact that these issues have on a person’s life. Recliners realign the body’s joints and muscles so that they’re pointing downward. The relief it provides for a variety of aches and ailments has led to recliners being classified as medical devices. Furthermore, there is a wide variety of chairs that recline to help you stand up or sit down quickly.
Building A Comfort Zone Around You:
Safe and relieving, recliners offer the best of both worlds. They’re flexible enough to accommodate a variety of sitting styles and lengths of time spent seated. You may alter the position of a recliner to suit your needs, whether you prefer to sit up straight, put your feet up, or lie completely flat. Your preferences will be taken into account.
Recliners With Accessories:
There is a wide selection of recliners on the market, some of which even have storage space within the chair itself. Magazines, books, and even snacks can be stashed away easily.
While most recliners offer these benefits, the most advanced models of recliners cater to advantages that you wouldn’t have thought of. Your personalized chair improves in comfort and use compared to standard recliners as more options are added.
To sum up, a reclining chair is a solid and dependable answer for people who deal with stress on a regular basis. Recliner chairs are great for your health and well-being, regardless of where your extra pounds are coming from. Plus, everyone in the family can benefit from the calming and pleasant experience of reclining in a living room chair. Everyone in the family, from the oldest to the youngest and naughtiest, may chill out in a reclining position.
Recliners are the answer for young mothers who worry about calming their children when they need a moment to themselves. The elderly can relieve their aches and pains, while those with injuries can begin to heal gradually. As an added teaching tool, a recliner is also an option. To help kids unwind both psychologically and physically, you can show them how to take some time off on their own. It’s a lesson in life preparation that you can provide them. If you have trouble sitting in a chair or getting up from one on occasion, a recliner is your greatest friend.
Should my recliner match my sofa?
In a nutshell: it’s entirely up to you. It’s not the most helpful answer, but whether or not you’d like a reclining chair and matching sofa is a matter of taste and personal preference. As many lovely homes with perfectly coordinated furnishings as we’ve seen, we’ve also seen many lovely homes with mismatched furnishings.
You aren’t sure if you want a coordinating sofa and recliner, are you? In the following, you’ll find further details about both possibilities.
Opting for matching furniture – how to match sofas and chairs
Sofas and chairs that go together are a safe and convenient choice for many of us. Not only does sticking to pieces from the same collection make it less likely that your furniture will clash (in a way that isn’t intentional), but it can also be just as expressive of your particular style and just as agreeable looking as furniture that isn’t all from the same collection.
Benefits of having a sofa and recliner that go together include:
- Much less time is wasted going from store to store looking for the right chair and/or recliner because most stores sell them together as a set. If you need multiple products, why go to different stores when you can purchase them all in one place?
- It’s possible that you’ll be able to save costs by doing this, which is great news for your wallet.
- The passage of time, too! When you stick to a single vendor, you not only save money but also time. You’ll save time because you won’t have to be home for repeated delivery.
- It’s possible that buying a set where the sofa and chair match would be the safest style choice. Consistency in decorating is often a plus, especially when going for a more conventional look.
Opting for sofas and recliners with different styles – how to mix and match couches
You can achieve a more interesting look by mixing and combining different sofas and recliners instead of buying a pre-made set. The benefits of combining different types of sofas and recliners are:
- Ability to tailor styles to individual needs – By rearranging the sofas and chairs in your living room, you can make a very unique design.
- Sometimes considered more up-to-date — As with clothing, interior design trends tend to cycle in and out. In the past, it was viewed favorably if a man or woman wore a suit or dress that matched from head to toe. As a result, people today are freer to express themselves through a greater range of mismatched ensembles. Modern furniture reflects this movement toward a more eclectic mix of designs.
- More specific and one-of-a-kind – As there is a broad variety of both couches and recliners to choose from, mixing and combining them in your own way is likely to result in a one-of-a-kind set-up. You can rest easy in the knowledge that no one else in the world has the same furnishings as you have because it is extremely unlikely.
Top tips for choosing furniture
You should remember certain basic design principles whether or not you like to have your sofa and chair match. You can use the advice to decorate any space in your home with your own unique flair:
- Begin with a single statement piece of furniture — whether it’s something you currently own and adore or something you’ve had your eye on — and work from there. To each his own, I suppose; if this one is part of a set, then so be it. If you don’t want to start from scratch while decorating this room, begin with this piece of furniture.
- In other words, pay attention to the main elements. Focusing elements can be either built-ins (such as a fireplace or a large window) or functional pieces of furniture (such as a comfortable couch). Be aware of the rooms’ focal points, both existing and planned, and construct around them.
- To avoid making the space look congested, it is important to strike a balance between the room’s larger and smaller pieces, regardless of whether or not they coordinate with one another. Make sure there is enough breathing area around furniture and that there is a range of sizes represented.
While there is no one right way to do it, the preceding suggestions should help. Whether you’re going for a coordinated set of couches and chairs or a more eclectic appearance, it’s vital to take your time and enjoy the process.
How to Make Your Recliner Sofa Serve You For Many Years
1. Care for leather recliners
Keep in mind that leather reclining sofas should not be left in direct sunlight for long periods of time. Having too much surface area exposed to sunlight causes the leather to dry up, becoming brittle and prone to cracking. Sofas older than 20 years have a greater risk of breaking when exposed to sunlight, even for brief durations.
To keep the chair in pristine condition, dust it frequently using a little brush attachment on a vacuum. There will be no scouring of the surface, ever. In the event of a spill, a soft, dry cloth should be used immediately. Don’t spread the spill about; instead, blot it up.
To keep the leather on your reclining sofa looking like new, you should condition it around once every two months. You can find these conditioners at any hardware or home improvement store.
Before applying conditioner, it’s best and safest to read the directions. It is recommended to test a tiny amount on an inconspicuous area of the leather before applying the entire solution. Checking for a reaction in the leather, or if it is okay to use. Any conditioner used on a leather recliner sofa should be applied only after the sofa has been thoroughly cleaned. This includes vacuuming, dusting, and brushing.
2. Microfiber recliner care
In comparison to their leather counterparts, microfiber swivel chairs require less upkeep. To clean up any accidents, all you need is a damp towel and the specified cleaning agent. Some types of microfibers require water-based cleaners while others call for solvent-based cleaners, so be sure to select the right cleaning solution for the job.
Recliners with cloth or fabric finishes require frequent maintenance, including a weekly vacuuming to remove debris such as crumbs and dust from the structure. Sweat and food scents on the recliner couch can be difficult to ignore, but there are products available to help.
You can also try spraying the couch with a solution that prevents sweating. This is helpful since it keeps the reclining couch clean and fresh-smelling for longer. Microfiber can be maintained by wiping it down with a soapy water solution and giving it a thorough cleaning once a month.
3. Wood recliner maintenance
Recliners made of wood should also be dusted on a regular basis. It is possible to clean wood recliners with a solution of soap and water, but wax and shine will help the wood maintain its elegant appearance for much longer.
If you want to use a spray wax or polish on the recliner, you should first apply it to a cloth by squeezing the bottle. This lessens the potential for surface scratching. Always test new goods in a hidden area first, just in case there are any adverse responses.
How to maintain the recliner’s mechanical parts
To avoid further damage, oiling the recliner before it makes noise is a better idea. Maintaining a steady supply of oil is essential for the proper operation of the mechanism. It’s possible that the reclining sofa’s mechanism will become damaged if oil is not regularly inserted.
Learn how often you should grease its mechanism by consulting the manual provided by the manufacturer. In order to avoid a cluttered mess, oiling should be done on the specified schedule.
Additional recliner sofa care tips
- Never vacuum a recliner without first opening and extending it to its full length, as this will allow you to more easily get inside the folds and remove any dust, food, or other particles that may have gotten stuck.
- To protect your reclining sofa from scratches and accidents, use a slipcover. Keep the recliner away from anything sharp, as holes or punctures can quickly happen in any material, including leather.
- A dry cloth will absorb the most liquid, thus it should be used first to clean up any accidents. This prevents the cloth or leather from being ruined by the spill.
- Reclining sofas are sturdy, but they shouldn’t be loaded down with too much weight. The frame and spring coils of the sofa could break under the added weight. You should also not over-recline or otherwise abuse the mechanisms of your reclining sofa.
- Reclining sofas are an investment, and with this knowledge, you can get the most out of yours for many years to come.