The advantages of artificial grass over natural grass will be discussed in this blog post, which will include a list of pros and negatives and a side-by-by comparison. In today’s fast-paced society, many individuals prefer artificial grass since it is easier to maintain than natural grass.
What Is Artificial Grass?
Artificial grass is material that is made of synthetic, man-made fibers that look like real grass.
Man-made synthetic fibers are used to create an artificial grass that mimics the appearance of natural grass.
In 1966, the Houston Astrodome, the world’s first domed indoor multipurpose sports stadium, installed artificial grass. Real grass was unable to grow in the stadium’s first year of operation in 1965. The field was in such bad shape towards the end of the season that artificial grass was put.
For sports, synthetic grass is a popular choice. It is more typical for high school football fields to be covered in synthetic turf than than natural grass in some sections of the country. It’s being used in batting cages, soccer grounds, and baseball fields, among other sporting uses. In recent years, it has gained popularity as a landscaping material for both residential and commercial properties.
Why Consider Artificial Grass?
There are numerous advantages to using artificial grass. It’s a wonderful landscaping choice because it’s cost-effective and time-saving. Artificial grass saves a lot of money on monthly water bills because it doesn’t use any water at all, but natural grass uses 55 gallons per square foot per year.
Real grass has the potential to wither and die. It is possible to have a “eternal lawn” with artificial grass. Having it installed means that it will always be green. You can’t get brown stains on a lawn since it will never get too big.
The need for landscapers has been eliminated. Artificial grass does not require the services of a landscaper because it does not grow. It is no longer necessary to use any type of fertilizer, weed killer, pesticide, or lawn care equipment.
What Makes A Good Quality Artificial Grass?
When comparing artificial grass and greenery goods, there are a few critical elements to keep in mind as a consumer. A “good quality” grass will influence how long it lasts and how long it looks beautiful, so you should acquire it. The backing material is an important first step in determining the quality of a product. Latex backing is poor quality and should be avoided at all costs. In addition, you want the product to be coated in a UV-resistant layer. This is critical in order to maintain the artificial grass looking green and shield it from the sun. A lack of UV protection can cause products to fade, turning the grass either blue or white. Make sure the fake grass is lead-free as well. You can buy American-made artificial grasses if you’re willing to go that route.
Why Artificial Grass Liquidators?
Our own range of fake grass is made right here in the United States by Artificial Grass Liquidators. An inexpensive, high-quality product is AGL’s primary goal. Polyurethane backing and industry-standard stitching are used to create all of our fake grass products. To prevent fading, they are all covered with a UV-resistant protectant. As a firm that cares about the environment, AGL is committed to using lead-free yarns and resins. Each and every AGL product is manufactured to the highest industry standards.
Artificial grass is a low-maintenance, low-maintenance landscaping option with numerous advantages. Almost any landscape project can benefit from this resource-efficient, water-saving, and time-saving landscaping material. Products that are more inexpensive and realistic-looking than ever before have revolutionized the artificial grass market. Consider artificial grass as a viable choice for your lawn by calling us today.
Pros of Artificial Grass
It’s a smart and practical solution for your lawn, and it has a number of advantages that make it easier for the owner to maintain.
- It doesn’t matter what the weather is like; artificial grass always looks good. To put it another way, the appearance of the turf isn’t directly affected by weather conditions. Regardless of the weather, it will remain green, tidy, and beautiful.
- It’s a lot easier for the owner because it doesn’t demand a lot of time and effort. Because it doesn’t require watering, fertilizing, or mowing like actual grass, artificial turf is far more convenient to use.
- Spending less time mowing the lawn means more time in the garden, which is always a good thing.
- An artificial lawn does not necessitate the use of a lawnmower as does real grass. Environmentally damaging lawnmowers can also pose a risk to people. Because a lawnmower isn’t needed to maintain your artificial grass, it’s better for the environment because it minimizes air pollution from lawnmowers.
- Users who are elderly or disabled may find it difficult to mow and maintain their lawn due to the ease of artificial grass’ maintenance. Care homes and retirement communities benefit greatly from the installation of artificial grass.
- People who travel frequently, have a vacation home, or otherwise spend a lot of time away from home can benefit from artificial grass because it doesn’t need to be maintained like natural grass.
- Like natural grass, artificial grass does not need to be watered. Because it uses less water, this is better for the environment and saves money as well. You can save both water and money by reducing the amount of time you spend using your hose and sprinklers.
- Pets can play on artificial turf. Even if you have cats and dogs, the artificial grass will not be ruined by their digging and urination, unlike genuine grass. It is easy to clean and does not lose its sanitary properties when exposed to urine. Because of this, the turf can be used in areas like kennels. In addition, dog mud pits won’t ruin the lawn. Plus, it’s just as fun for dogs to run about on as real grass. Using a mild detergent and water, or one of our pet-friendly products, you may simply remove animal excrement from your grass.
- Over time, artificial turf may prove to be less expensive to maintain. This is because natural grass becomes expensive when adding the cost of fertilisers, pesticides, lawn shears, hoses, strimmers, rakes, weed killers, lawnmowers, water, and grass feed required to maintain it. Over the course of its life, synthetic grass is significantly more cost-effective than genuine grass.
- Improved synthetic grass has made it possible for many high-end surfaces to seem like real grass. Our synthetic turf has the same realistic appearance and feel as the real thing. Which of Us? In-Store Purchases Our most realistic-looking grass, Wonder Yarn, is ideal for a wide range of landscapes.
- People with hectic schedules could also benefit from artificial grass because it takes little to no upkeep. Synthetic turf is a great option if you’re short on time and don’t want to deal with the hassle of upkeep.
- It doesn’t matter what the weather is like to use it. In sports, for example, the weather has no effect on the ability of players to utilize the turf.
- Artificial grass does not wither or dry up in the heat like natural grass does.
- Customers can choose from a wide range of color, pile, length, density, texture, yarn, and design options when purchasing artificial grass.
- Artificial grass has a wide range of applications. Aside from the fact that it looks fantastic in the yard, it can also be used for a wide range of purposes and in a number of situations such as on the decking of a poolside or on the roof terrace of an office building or exhibition space.
- During heavy rains, artificial grass can drain up to 60 liters per minute if put appropriately, and it often dries more quickly than natural grass.
- According to the majority of people, maintaining a natural lawn is better for the environment and more environmentally friendly. It’s possible, though, that this isn’t always the case. Using a petrol lawn mower for an hour emits as much pollution as driving a car for four hours, according to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality in 2009. National Geographic’s website,
- UV-stabilized artificial turf provides excellent sun protection. As a result, the brilliant green color will not fade or discolor in the sunlight.
- Children will enjoy playing on artificial grass. No chemicals or pesticides are needed, so it’s safer to use, and it’s soft and cushioned, making it ideal for children to play on. This is ideal for children.
- Artificial Grass is increasingly being used in many schools to offer a safe and clean outdoor classroom environment.
- Artificial grass is hypoallergenic, making it ideal for those who suffer from hay fever. Allergy-inducing grass pollen is a common cause of hay fever, but artificial turf is completely pollen-free.
- Say goodbye to the muck. Using artificial grass means no more muddy footprints, muddy areas, and no more dogs digging up mud holes in the turf and walking their paws into your house.
- It is perfect for dark regions because artificial grass does not require sunlight to maintain its health and appearance. Shaded regions can be difficult to maintain because genuine grass might perish without sunlight. Because it doesn’t turn brown, artificial grass is suitable for regions where natural turf is unable to thrive.
- Weeds have a considerably harder time growing through artificial turf than natural grass does. Weeds can be eliminated almost completely by using a weed barrier and a herbicide.
- It has a 15-year life expectancy with typical use. It is highly long-lasting.
- Artificial grass does not require the use of fertilizers or pesticides, like natural turf does. For the sake of the ecology, this decreases the ground contamination caused by the usage of fertilizer and pesticides.
- Because of the ingredients it is comprised of, synthetic grass is free of pests. When it comes to bugs and pests, you’ll need to spend time, money, and dangerous pesticide in order to get rid of them from your yard.
- Unlike natural grass, artificial grass is impervious to lawn illnesses. Rhizoctonia, for example, is a lawn disease that devastates your genuine lawn and must be fought with a lot of resources.
- Artificial grass, in contrast to natural grass, is impervious to flooding and drought. Our turf is swiftly drained, so it won’t become soggy or flooded by rain. The lack of water or drought won’t have an effect on it either. Whatever the weather throws at it, it will maintain its vibrancy.
- If you live in a major city and have little outside space, artificial grass is a great option for rooftop terraces and tiny garden areas. It transforms seemingly inaccessible areas into places that can be used for numerous purposes.
- Maintenance is a breeze with this type of lawn. Using a leaf blower, brush, or rake, remove any loose leaves or other debris, and if the grass gets soiled, simply hose it down with detergent and a brush.
- Synthetic grass has a long life expectancy. As long as it’s properly cared for and isn’t exposed to the elements, it will last for a long time and will not succumb to any pest infestations. Compared to genuine grass, it’s a lot more durable.
- At the end of its useful life, our grass may be recycled and turned into new goods. In this way, landfills and garbage are reduced; resources are conserved; pollution is prevented; and energy is saved. Thus, we are able to lessen the environmental impact of our artificial turf goods.
Cons of Artificial Grass
Customers may choose natural grass over artificial grass because of several drawbacks.
- Some fake grass manufacturing processes pollute the environment or generate trash, although this is dependent on the methods employed by a company. Modern, energy-efficient machinery is used throughout all of our manufacturing plants. With the help of world-class yarn suppliers and several of our own in-house creations we are able to assure that our grass is of the highest quality and environmental standards. In addition to FIFA-approved and extensively inspected facilities in China, we perform monthly site inspections to verify compliance.
- If the turf is of a high grade, the installation costs can be significant, but this is a worthwhile investment because you need your grass to be installed to the greatest standards. Even while artificial turf is more expensive up front, the lower ongoing care expenses make it a better long-term investment than natural grass.
- Some gardeners take great pride in the appearance of their landscapes, which they maintain meticulously. As a result, people may view artificial turf as a form of cheating.
- Due to the fitting process, it takes longer to install than real grass.
- When it comes to cutting the lawn, some people find the lack of a natural, fresh-cut smell and the delight that comes from doing so on a bright Sunday afternoon to be negative aspects.
- Because synthetic grass does not survive as long as actual grass would, some consider this a drawback. Artificial grass typically has a lifespan of seven to fifteen years. Customers may expect many years of easy maintenance from this product. However, some individuals prefer to use natural grass because it will last longer, but it will require more frequent upkeep than synthetic grass.
- Artificial grass can get hot in extreme heat, however it should not cause any burns. Applying sand infill will help keep the turf cool. Using common sense such as spraying the grass with cool water, wearing appropriate footwear, and laying a white blanket where you intend to sit can help keep you cool in warmer temperatures.
- In extremely hot weather, artificial grass can become very hot, but it should not cause any burns. Applying sand infill will help keep the turf cool. Using common sense such as spraying the grass with cool water, wearing appropriate footwear, and laying a white blanket where you intend to sit can help keep you cool in warmer temperatures.
Why low quality fake grass is bad?
In extremely hot weather, artificial grass can become quite hot, although it should not cause any burns. Infilling the turf with sand will help keep it cooler. Wearing suitable footwear and laying down a white blanket where you wish to sit will assist keep you cooler in hotter weather. Spraying down the grass with cool water can help as well.
Fake grass of poor quality includes poisons that leach out when the turf wears down.
We at Lazylawn guarantee that our high-quality artificial grass will last for years and years without looking worn out or dirty. Eco-friendly artificial grass, like our AIR line, absorbs UV rays and neutralizes odors, making it a better option than toxic chemicals.
Experience the Amazing Benefits of Artificial Grass for Yourself
Artificial grass clearly has more advantages than disadvantages. All of these qualities make synthetic grass a great option for those who don’t have the time or inclination to maintain their lawns. It’s long-lasting, cost-effective, and gives a wide range of design options.
Discover the many advantages of artificial grass by contacting us today. Request a free estimate to have artificial grass installed in your garden and see for yourself the advantages.
The Ultimate Guide to Cleaning Artificial Grass
It’s easy to forget to clean artificial grass after it’s already been placed. To avoid this, we’ve compiled a list of things to keep in mind when it comes time to clean your synthetic grass. We’ll cover how to clean fake grass, how to maintain artificial grass, and what tools to use to make the procedure as simple as possible. For pet owners, we’ll examine the best way to maintain your turf, as well as how to deal with weeds in synthetic grass.
Cleaning Artificial Grass
Even though Artificial Grass requires little upkeep, you should nevertheless sweep off any loose dirt or debris from time to time. As a general rule, we recommend inspecting your lawn once a week.
Dead leaves and excess muck should be immediately apparent. These can be easily removed with a soft-headed brush or a rake so that they do not clog your drainage system or become entangled in the grass.
The use of vinegar and water in the cleaning of artificial grass is a common home remedy. Nevertheless, not everyone likes the vinegar scent, and it can be downright repulsive for certain people.
Using Artificial Grass Cleaner kills bacteria and prevents anything from growing on the turf, whilst leaving your grass smelling great. As a specialized therapy, you can rest confident that it is safe for children and pets as well. It’s as simple as following the manufacturer’s directions for application and rinsing off.
Sand infill may be necessary for some artificial grass ranges. The height of your grass pile and the arrangement of the blades will determine this. Adding a layer of infill to your blades if they’re looking a touch sparse is a simple fix.
Ongoing Artificial Grass Maintenance
Even if an accident does occur, long-term damage can be avoided by taking preventive measures. Keep an eye out for seams, tears, and holes, and take care of them as quickly as possible. Your fake grass will last longer and look better as a result.
Always be sure to clean up debris that shouldn’t be there, this keeps your grass looking brand new and well cared for. This also helps further down the line when debris might be harder to rake up, if you have neglected the grass for a long period of time.
Cleaning Dirt and Debris
Keep your grass looking its best by removing any rubbish that isn’t supposed to be there. If you’ve neglected your lawn for a lengthy period of time, you may find it more difficult to remove debris from the lawn in the future.
Keep your grass looking its best by removing any rubbish that isn’t supposed to be there. If you’ve neglected your lawn for a long period of time, you may have difficulty raking up waste later on.
Cleaning Drinks and Spillages
A damp cloth or paper towel can be used to blot out a liquid stain in your grass, but be careful not to rub the grass. If the stain is very difficult to remove, try soaking the cloth in a solution made from a tablespoon of water and a pint of detergent. Then, using the same way as before, remove the stain.
Using a hose or a little water, you can remove any detergent residue from your lawn after the stain is erased.
Cleaning Fake Grass after Pets
Artificial Grass Cleaner, as previously indicated, should be used once a month to maintain your grass. As a bonus, this will keep your grass smelling fresh and in terrific shape.
Depending on how many pets you have, the amount of time it takes to clean up after them can vary. To minimize a buildup of odor, you may wish to scrub your lawn more frequently. Many pet-related problems can be traced back to improper drainage. Make sure your grass is installed correctly so that it drains properly and doesn’t smell of pee. Stagnant liquid is the result of clogged systems. It’s best to check your drainage before and after you install it to avoid any problems later.
To keep pet urine odors at bay, there are numerous fallacies about how to clean artificial grass, including the use of sand as a soaker or white vinegar to neutralize the scent. They don’t actually work in the real world. Find out why conventional cleaning solutions don’t work in our blog on How to Get Rid of the Smell of Dog Urine from Artificial Grass.
Raking or brushing the grass on a regular basis is critical if your pet has a lot of shedding. In order to keep hair from clogging your drains, use this method to remove any surplus. The fine hair gets into the backing holes and can cause drainage problems, but a simple 5-minute job can solve those problems.
Dealing with Snow and Ice on Artificial Grass
A layer of salt left over from melting ice and snow can accumulate on the grass, making it difficult for it to drain properly. When cleaning synthetic grass, it’s critical to know the proper procedure for doing so. Remove as much snow as possible from the ground with a plastic snow shovel. Using a metal snow shovel or git can harm the grass, so be careful.
Your artificial lawn will not be affected by frost since the fibers we use are exceptionally strong and flexible, guaranteeing that they don’t snap when it’s cold. Polyethylene and polypropylene plastics are used to make the grass, which is engineered to endure a lot of pressure.
Preventing Weeds in Artificial Grass
There are few things more frustrating to a homeowner than having to deal with weeds. Weeds are a typical irritation and can be difficult to deal with, regardless of whether you’re a gardener or just like to spruce things up from time to time.
Before putting artificial grass, it is essential to spray weed killer to the ground. With our Weed Suppressant membrane, we can keep weeds from sprouting through the grass. Weeds can’t get through the turf since it’s covered in this to keep them out.
Make sure the area you are laying the grass over is completely clean and ready to go. If you are laying your grass over dirt, make sure there are no plants or patches of grass left over. For surfaces such as concrete or decking, ensure that the surface is completely clean and dry. This will give you the best results.
Treating Weeds in Fake Grass
Clean and prep the area where you’ll be installing the grass before you begin. Make sure there aren’t any plants or patches of grass left over before you lay your lawn. Make sure the concrete or decking is totally dry and clean before applying any sealant. If you do this, you will get the finest outcomes.
- Using a power washer to remove any excess moss or mold from your artificial grass is the best way to begin the treatment process. Use the back of your rake (teeth facing away from the grass) to tease out any tenacious weeds.
- To treat your artificial grass, use Artificial Grass Cleaner. The biodegradable solution is safe for the environment and extremely successful in the treatment of moss and mould problems on artificial grass. For weeds, a mild weed killer is all that is needed to get rid of them.
- Gently scrub away any leftover weeds, moss, or mildew using a soft-headed brush.
- Rinse thoroughly with a hose and allow to air dry.
Our blog “How to treat Mould or Moss on Artificial Grass” has further information on how to manage moss, mould, or treat weeds in artificial grass.
What is artificial grass made of?
Polyethylene, polypropylene, and nylon are among the synthetic components that make up astro turf. These products are made to last a lifetime, if not for several millennia.
Can you vacuum your artificial grass?
A lot of dirt and debris does accumulate on fake turf, as one might expect. In fact, it behaves just like a natural lawn would! Because of this, you may be tempted to use your vacuum cleaner to keep it looking its best. Hoovering artificial grass or grass fibers is not recommended at all.
How do you clean and deodorize artificial grass?
Using a garden hose, sanitize the area. Then, combine vinegar and water in a 1:1 ratio. Rinse the area with clean water after using this solution. Vinegar is a non-toxic, natural deodorizer that is suitable for children and dogs to use in the home.
Is artificial grass any good?
Synthetic grass has a long life expectancy. As long as it’s properly cared for and isn’t exposed to the elements, it will last for a long time and will not succumb to any pest infestations. Compared to genuine grass, it’s a lot more durable. At the end of its useful life, our grass may be recycled and turned into new goods.
Why you shouldn’t use fake grass?
Not only does it lack the environmental benefits of grass, such as soaking up water, providing a habitat for insects, feeding birds, and being self-sustaining, but it also has a very short life span. It’s trodden to death and begins to look shabby very quickly. Relaying or seeding is not an option; it has to be rolled up for disposal.”
Is it worth putting in fake grass?
For those who can afford the luxury of artificial grass, it’s well worth considering because it has been meticulously developed over the years to be superior to natural grass lawns.
Do weeds grow through artificial grass?
Despite the fact that artificial grass is more resistant to weeds than genuine turf, minor flaws in the backing or the margins can still allow weeds to grow. It’s possible for weeds to grow through the infill, depending on the type of infill that was utilized during construction.
Artificial grass requires less time and effort to maintain than genuine grass because it is simpler and easier to clean. The appearance, texture, and fragrance of your synthetic grass will not be compromised as long as you clean up after dogs and spills on a regular basis and treat weeds in your lawn.
Now that you know how easy it is to maintain artificial grass, it’s time to get started on your transformation! Alternately, if you still have questions, feel free to contact a member of our team of artificial grass specialists.