The material of the bottle, the way it sprays, and how much it can hold are the three most important factors to consider when looking for a spray bottle for domestic use. If you need to keep chemicals or cleaners, you’ll want to be sure the bottle you choose can handle the weight. The best spray bottles for a number of domestic applications are highlighted in this shopping guide.
- How Long To Process Insurance Claim Update 12/2023
- What is Vinyl Flooring? 8 Types Of Vinyl Flooring Update 12/2023
- What Age Do Babies Need A Playpen A Guide Update 12/2023
- How Is A Puffy Mattress Shipped? Exciting Things You Must Read! Update 12/2023
- How To Make Sofa Cushions Firmer? Comprehensive Guide Update 12/2023
Our Top Picks
You’ll find the most trustworthy (and even flexible) spray bottles on the market here whether you’re looking to tackle cleaning, professional, beauty, or gardening needs.
Harris Professional Spray Bottle (32 ounce)
Because it’s chemically resistant, has an adjustable nozzle, and comes in a convenient three-pack for a reasonable price, the Harris Spray Professional Spray Bottle is our favorite. For this reason, it is a perfect alternative for any task requiring the use of strong chemicals, such as cleaning or car detailing.
- From mist to stream, the nozzle adjusts itself.
- Chemically impervious
- Holds the largest volume on the list
On the list, it’s the largest in terms of storage space.
- Leaks have been reported by users.
- After spraying, the cap can come loose from the bottle.
All of the bases are covered by Harris Professional Spray Bottles. A chemically-resistant plastic construction means that it can withstand even the harshest cleansers, an adjustable nozzle that can be set to mist or stream, and an ergonomic grip top that reduces hand fatigue when spraying.
More time can be spent spraying and less time is spent refilling with the three largest 32-ounce bottles on this list. A spray bottle is a must-have for any bathroom, so it’s only right that it’s great.
Pinnacle Mercantile Plastic Spray Bottles
The Pinnacle Mercantile Plastic Spray Bottles are built in a compact size and without rubber parts, which makes them portable and reduces the risk of leaking—one of the most typical concerns that comes along with plastic spray bottles. If you’re constantly on the run, you’ll appreciate the anti-leak technology in these bottles.
- Built using leak-proof materials and methods
- Safe to use in a dishwasher
- Ergonomic design in order to reduce fatigue.
- Only water-based compounds can be used.
- Some customers have complained about the product’s flimsiness.
One of the problems users often run into with plastic spray bottles is leakage, but the manufacturers of the Pinnacle Mercantile Plastic Spray Bottles worked hard to solve that problem. There are no rubber pieces in the internal cap casing, so the bottles have a secure gap closing that helps prevent leaks.
The bottles, on the other hand, may not be compatible with all chemicals, so exercise caution when using them. Only water-based chemicals that are compatible with the HDPE plastic used to construct the bottles are recommended by the manufacturer.
Despite the fact that the Pinnacle holds just 16 ounces, it is still one of the largest bottles on our list. The Pinnacle Mercantile spray bottle, like the Harris Professional models, may be adjusted from a fine mist to a powerful stream of water. There’s a “off” setting on the nozzle, too. Cleaning the greatest shower curtain has never been easier than with this sprayer.
Pack of 3-12 Oz Empty Plastic Spray Bottles
WHY WE LIKE IT: The spray bottles’ vibrant hues stand out among the list’s mostly clear plastic counterparts. Hairstylists and others in the beauty business can benefit from their modest size and unique design.
- Three different hues are available.
- Nozzle that can be adjusted
- Not recommended for use with corrosive substances.
- Streaming issues have been reported by users.
It was the brilliant colors of these plastic spray bottles that really stood out. The bright blue, pink, and purple hues added a dash of color to a household need that, to be honest, can be a little boring.
The mist and stream settings on these plastic bottles, like the others on our list, can be switched back and forth as needed. When cleaning the brightest makeup mirror, use a spray, and a stream for more difficult tasks.
It’s important, though, to be aware of the chemicals you’re utilizing. “Harsh” substances such as bleach have been reported to deteriorate both the plastic bottle and the bottle’s nozzle, accelerating the container’s wear and eventually compromising its performance.
Amber Glass Spray Bottles with Labels
Amber tint protects anything within the bottles from the harmful effects of UV rays, making these bottles stand out among the rest of their type. Using essential oils, which are photosensitive, is very critical.
- Can withstand any type of chemical.
- UV rays are protected by the hue amber.
- A lifetime warranty is included.
- They are delicate because of the glass.
- Plastic is a lot heavier than this.
Glass spray bottles aren’t precisely apples to apples with plastic ones, but we included these amber bottles on our list for a variety of reasons. Because glass can withstand a wide range of chemicals, unlike other plastics, you don’t have to be concerned about what kind of cleaning you use in these bottles.
UV-resistant glass isn’t available in transparent plastic bottles because of the amber tint of the bottles. As a result, photosensitive liquids like essential oils can be safely stored in the bottles without fear of degradation.
This Amber Glass Spray Bottle Set of 8 Bottles is a great method to ensure that you always have the right amount of product on hand at all times.
Glass, of course, is heavier and more prone to breakage than plastic. Because of this, these sprayers are meant to be more comfortable and less tiring to use than the plastic ones. You can place it in the best shower caddy for ease of access.
Bar5F Empty Clear Spray Bottle
They’re one of the lightest on the list thanks to the PETE1 plastic used for the empty spray containers. When you’re cleaning and travelling from room to room, they’re ideal for carrying.
- Intuitive controls for adjusting the nozzle and the trigger spray.
- Softer plastic is used.
- Leaks have been reported by some users.
This set of eight 8-ounce Bar5F empty clear bottles is ideal for cleaning tiny areas. As with most of the other products on this list, they contain a nozzle that can be used to modify the spray from a targeted stream to a gentle mist. The best shower curtain liner can be refreshed with the help of the mist. In addition to the anti-leak mechanism on the spray head, these Bar5F empty spray bottles have another vital feature: they keep your hands dry and there is no waste.
It has the disadvantage of requiring that only liquids compatible with the plastic be used, as is true of other bottles as well. Chemicals like acetone should not be used with these bottles since PETE1 is more susceptible to them than other plastics. In this case, what kitchen device would you use if you wanted to chop up fruits, veggies, and even nuts? The finest chopper ever.
Tolco Spray Bottle
A 3-pack of frosted pink, green, and blue spray bottles from Tolco is the most budget-friendly option on the list. We have a wide selection of inexpensive little bottles that are convenient to carry and can get the job done.
- Three for the cheap, low price of two
- There are a variety of colors available in frosted plastic
- Storage is a breeze because of the small size.
- Clogs are reported by users.
- Insufficiently long-lasting
For the most part, spray bottles are made of transparent or white plastic, which means that when they arrive in different colors, they always capture our attention; and even better, the nozzle is also colored. On top of all of that, the bottles themselves are incredibly useful tools. They weigh 8 ounces, making them portable and easy to use, and include a simple trigger mechanism.
Nonetheless, these bottles are best suited for occasional use. The fact that they’re composed of flimsy plastic and have been said to be too fragile to withstand regular use disqualifies them for professional or commercial use.
Rayson Spray Bottle
DUE TO THE FACT THAT Smallest on our list: These 8-ounce bottles measure in at 8 ounces (tied with the Tolco bottles). Modest tasks like ironing, watering plants, and washing the windows may be done with ease because to their portability and small size.
- Trigger with a comfortable ergonomic grip.
- Available in a variety of hues
- Only one bottle per pack.
- Non-chemically invulnerable
- Lines can become clogged with air, according to users.
The ergonomically adjusted comfort grip of the Rayson spray bottle makes spraying a breeze and reduces fatigue. Carpal tunnel syndrome is also less likely as a result, according to the company.
You can use it for simple tasks like ironing and washing the windows, but you’ll need to be careful about what you put in it like the other bottles on our list. Bleach and acetone are incompatible with the lightweight plastic, thus you must use water-based chemicals or simple water alone.
How We Decided
You may find a wide range of sizes of plastic spray bottles, from 8 ounces to a whopping four times that. We didn’t make a decision on size, but we did cut down the list by selecting only spray bottles with adjustable nozzles and ergonomic designs, so that you can choose the perfect one for you. When it comes to reducing tension and tiredness on your hands while spraying, there are a variety of choices to choose from. On top of that, we looked at the overall return on investment. They’re all very reasonably priced and most of them come in multipacks, which is great if you have a large house or need multiple spray bottles for different liquids.
Spray Bottle Buying Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider
- The plastic spray bottles range from 8 ounces to 32 ounces in capacity. The optimal size for you will be determined by the principal use you intend to put it to. What kind of cleaning are you doing with the bottle? You should probably go with a larger size. When you’re ironing, you’ll need something to keep your garments from drying out. In general, 8 ounces is more than enough.
- Plastics aren’t all made equal in terms of their durability. A spray bottle’s plastic must be able to withstand the chemicals it will be exposed to, else it will leak. All of the available alternatives are fine if you’re only utilizing water. But if you’re using bleach or other corrosive chemicals in the container, you’ll need a chemically resistant plastic that won’t degrade.
- The nozzle’s ability to be adjusted is another key consideration. Do you prefer a thin mist or a concentrated stream? Let’s consider the possibility of switching between the two at any time. When purchasing a spray bottle, pay attention to the nozzle’s ability to produce a wide range of spray patterns.
Can you use a spray bottle to paint?
As long as the paint isn’t too thick, you can use a plastic spray bottle to paint. Most water-based paints are already the right consistency, but you may need to add water to thin out acrylic paints.
Can you use oil in a spray bottle?
Any of the bottles on this list can be used to manufacture your own oil cooking spray without the addition of any chemicals or propellants. After a few weeks, wash the container well and discard any oil that hasn’t been used.
Why do plastic spray bottles stop working?
When plastic spray bottles quit operating, it’s usually because they’ve been overtightened or clogged. Try loosening the nozzle to see if it fixes the problem. If not, try soaking the bottle cap in alcohol or rinsing it with hot water to clear any obstructions.