Take a look at this three-step guide on how to disassemble an Ashley recliner sofa. In addition, we provided advice on how to speed up and smoothen the procedure. Also, if you’re planning on moving the recliner, this post contains all the information you need.
- What Is A Good Vacuum Cleaner For Hardwood Floors? Tips to Keep Hardwood Floors Clean Update 12/2023
- What Is A Mattress Foundation Update 12/2023
- How To Make Baby Pillow? Complete Step-by-Step Guide Update 12/2023
- How To Stop Slipping Off Leather Sofa? Easy Step-by-step Guide Update 12/2023
- How To Get Labiaplasty Covered By Insurance? Complete Guide Update 12/2023
While we’re talking about recliners, here’s a step-by-step explanation on how to take apart a couch recliner. Models can benefit from this tutorial as well, and familiarity with the standard method is always a good idea.
Health Benefits of Ashley Recliner Sofa
1. Relieves Stress
After a long, exhausting day, relax and unwind! The ultimate in relaxation and support, a recliner is a great way to unwind after a long day. The spine is supported, the back is rested, and the legs are lifted as you recline. As you lie in this position, your mind and body will be rejuvenated as well as relieved of stress.
2. Improves Circulation
Blood rushes to your legs and feet when you sit or stand for long periods of time, creating inflammation. By raising your legs above your heart’s level, reclining can provide relaxation for your lower body’s circulation.
3. Reduces Back Pain
In their role as a support system for our bodies, our backs endure a great deal of strain and weariness at work. According to the Canadian Chiropractic Association, as many as 85% of persons in the workforce will suffer from lower back discomfort at some point in their careers, especially if they have desk jobs. With regular use, a high-quality recliner can help alleviate back pain by providing excellent lumbar support.
4. Eases Motion
As a result, recliners have gained a reputation for making it easy to get up and down. A power lift feature allows you to safely elevate to a standing posture with the push of a button. Those who have difficulty getting out of a chair or who are more likely to trip and fall while standing can benefit from this.
How To Take Apart An Ashley Recliner Sofa
Step 1. Study the mechanisms of the Ashley recliner sofa
- Check the instruction manual for the Ashley reclining sofa you own
- Use ziplock bags to keep track of minor parts when you dismantle a device.
- Unplug the Ashley recliner sofa if it is powered by electricity to minimize fire and injury risks.
- Adjust the backrest and lengthen the footrest.
Step 2. Reveal the inner hardware of the sofa
- Locate the couch’s release mechanisms, which are typically found beneath the seats or even in the sofa’s back.
- To access the mechanisms of some recliners, you’ll need to lift a Velcro-adhered fabric panel.
- For a better look, tilt the chair forward and check the mechanisms.
- A variety of various wrenches and screwdrivers can be used for removing or modifying the mechanisms.
Step 3. Remove each part accordingly
- The lever hidden underneath the Ashley reclining sofa can be used to remove the sofa’s back.
- Remove the panel to get to the lever, or feel for it between the seams.
- If the lever is too tight to move, you may need to loosen it using a screwdriver.
- Do the same for the rest of the reclining sofa’s mechanism.
- The ottoman and footrest should be loosened as well, as should the rest of the furniture.
- If your sofa has a central console (if it doesn’t already), proceed with the removal of the rest of the components.
- Take pictures of the entire deconstruction process to assist you recall which parts and hardware pieces belong to certain sections of the sofa.
Do The Backs Come Off On Reclining Sofas?
The backrest of some recliner sofas cannot be removed. You should always look for this feature when purchasing one because detaching the back makes moving and transporting it much easier. It’s easy to locate an Ashley HomeStore recliner that meets your needs because they have a variety of styles and models to choose from.
- Check your recliner’s instruction manual and familiarize yourself with the couch’s attachments.
- To gain access to the furniture’s underside, tilt it forward and remove the back panel, if applicable.
- Each side or in between the rear seams are good locations for the levers.
- Using a screwdriver, slowly loosen each lever until it is free.
- Lifting the backrest off the recliner is made easier by unlocking the levers.
Can You Take Apart A Recliner Couch?
Most reclining sofas can be disassembled, although some manufacturers only allow partial disassembly of their products. You may just be able to dismantle the back of the couch you now own, but some couches allow you to dismantle the cushions, armrests, and center consoles as well. You can check the connections by tipping the sofa on its back, which should be mentioned in the sofa handbook.
You must know how to dismantle a sofa before moving or traveling to avoid damage it. Even removing the backrest will make it easier to maneuver through small places. However, if the majority of the components are pre-installed, you may want to consider hiring professional movers.
How Do You Move A Recliner By Yourself?
Moving a recliner by yourself can be done securely using the same methods as moving a sofa. As a result, you must determine in advance whether or not you have adequate room to move around and whether or not you have the physical strength to raise the heavy furniture. Having a basic understanding of how to disassemble a recliner sofa will make the move less stressful and more secure.
- Take measurements of the passageways and stairwells you’ll use, as well as any doors and windows.
- To determine if you need to remove your recliner, compare its breadth to the measures of your path obstructions.
- Make the path safe by clearing it of anything that could cause you to trip or fall.
- To avoid scratching or getting scratched during moving, remove any protruding furniture objects.
- Protect your chair and other possessions during the relocation by using moving blankets or furniture sliders.
- When going up or down the stairs, a dolly with a sofa on it can be risky, therefore it’s best to have someone assist you.
- When putting the recliner sofa on the moving vehicle’s ramp, lift with your legs rather than your back.
Top 10 Best Ashley Recliner Sofa
1. Signature Design by Ashley Tulen Modern Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa, Dark Gray
Modern living rooms will look great with this Tulen Modern Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa, Dark Gray. In addition to the waterfall back design and pillow top arm rests, the deep cushioned comfort will make you feel right at home from the moment you sit down.. With a pull tab reclining motion and dual-sided reclining, you’ll find this sofa to be a breeze to use. Finally, the central seat remains constant, allowing you to select the ideal size for your home…
- It’s hard to go wrong with the dark gray Signature Design by Ashley Tulen Modern Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa.
- In addition to the waterfall back design and pillow top arm rests, the deep cushioned comfort will make you feel right at home from the moment you sit down..
- Because the central seat is fixed, you may easily select the ideal size for your house.
- Prepared to
- Tulen Modern Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa, Dark Gray by Ashley may not be the most lasting sofa, but it is an excellent value.
- For those who do not like the shade of gray shown here, this sofa is also available in several tones of the same hue.
2. Signature Design by Ashley – Bladen Contemporary Plush Upholstered Sofa – Slate Gray
Any living space would benefit greatly from the Signature Design by Ashley – Bladen Contemporary Plush Upholstered Sofa in Slate Gray. It’s attractive and comfy, and it solves the problem of having too many people in a small place. It also comes pre-assembled, so you can start using it straight away in your own house. ‘
- The Bladen Contemporary Plush Upholstered Sofa in Slate Gray by Signature Design by Ashley is a wonderful piece of furniture that combines comfort with style.
- There is no longer a problem of having too many people in a small location.
- It also comes pre-assembled, so you can start using it straight away in your own house. ‘
- The seat depth is 22.00 inches and the leg height is 3.00 inches. “
- One of the best things I’ve ever used.
- There are a few minor drawbacks to this product, such as the lack of padding in the seat cushions.
3. Signature Design by Ashley Clare View Coastal Outdoor Patio Eucalyptus Sofa with Cushions, Beige
Those in search of a polished and beautiful outdoor setting will appreciate the coastal outdoor patio sofa with cushions, beige by Signature Design by Ashley Clare. The 5-step protective coating technique ensures optimal endurance of the sofa’s eucalyptus wood frame. High-performance Nuvella fabric covers the zippered cushions, which feature four throw pillows. The sofa can accommodate three persons and is 81 inches wide, 35 inches deep, and 37 inches high. The sofa is simple to assemble and requires no more than a few simple tools and instructions.
- Those in search of a polished and beautiful outdoor setting will appreciate the coastal outdoor patio sofa with cushions, beige by Signature Design by Ashley Clare.
- The 5-step protective coating technique ensures optimal endurance of the sofa’s eucalyptus wood frame.
- High-performance Nuvella fabric covers the zippered cushions, which feature four throw pillows.
- Design of the sofa
- Some of the other alternatives on this page are more comfy than this sofa. Some of the other options are more supportive than this one.
- In comparison to other options on this website, the amount of assembly necessary is a lot less.
4. Signature Design by Ashley McCade Contemporary Manual Pull Tab Dual-Sided Reclining Sofa, Gray
Any living area would benefit from the addition of the Gray Signature Design by Ashley McCade Contemporary Manual Pull Tab Dual-Sided Reclining Sofa. Because it is designed to recline, this sofa is ideal for individuals who wish to unwind and unwind at home. High-resiliency foam cushions and plush upholstery make this the most comfortable seat in the house, so you won’t want to get off of it. Since a 3 inch gap between the reclining sofa and wall is generally considered ideal, rest certain that whatever you choose will be just right. Finally, the product’s quality is excellent, and you can be confident that you’re obtaining a high-grade product.
- The plush, inviting upholstery will immediately put you at ease.
- Make yourself at home on one of the most comfortable seats in the house thanks to these high-resiliency foam cushions!
- Because 3 inches is the recommended distance between the reclining sofa and the wall, you know you’re receiving a quality item.
- The product’s quality is excellent.
- Reclining sofas should have a 3 inch gap between their backs and walls, so you know exactly what you’re getting when you buy one.
5. Signature Design by Ashley Coombs Oversized Contemporary 2 Seat Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa, Gray
An ultra-modern reclining sofa, the Signature Design by Ashley Coombs Oversized Contemporary 2 Seat Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa in Gray is sleek and boxy.
Incorporating a sleek, boxy style and broad track arms, this reclining sofa is ideal for any modern environment.
With its luscious softness, the charcoal-tone polyester upholstery is an ideal choice for any room.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-assemble reclining sofa, this one comes pre-assembled.
- Ashley Coombs’ Signature Design by Ashley Coombs Oversized Contemporary 2 Seat Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa, Gray has a sleek, boxy contemporary design.
- Charcoal polyester upholstery is luxuriously soft, making it an ideal choice for any room.
- Because it is partially constructed, this reclining sofa is ready to use right out of the box.
- If you’re looking for the most comfortable reclining sofa on the market, Signature Design by Ashley Coombs Oversized Contemporary 2 Seat Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa, Gray isn’t the best option.
- As a result, the charcoal-colored polyester upholstery isn’t very long-lasting.
6. Signature Design by Ashley Stoneland Faux Leather Manual Double Reclining Loveseat with Center Console, Light Brown
An excellent reclining loveseat is the Signature Design by Ashley Stoneland Faux Leather Manual Double Reclining Loveseat with Center Console, Light Brown. The faux leather upholstery is long-lasting and simple to maintain, making it an excellent choice for any room. For additional comfort, the chair features a center console with pull tab reclining as well as pillow top armrests and luscious cushioning for maximum comfort. It’s also a versatile color that may be paired with any other color scheme or existing style.
- Unlike real leather, the faux leather upholstery is long-lasting and simple to maintain.
- The luxurious cushioning and pillow-top armrests, as well as the pull tab reclining and center console, making it the ultimate in relaxation.
- Brown is a versatile neutral that goes well with a wide variety of color schemes and existing design elements.
- Leather-like imitation leather is both fashionable and long-lasting.
- Making the purchase couldn’t be easier.
- Making the purchase couldn’t be easier.
7. Signature Design by Ashley – Jarreau Mid-Century Upholstered Sofa Chaise Sleeper, Blue
Jarreau Mid-Century Upholstered Sofa Chaise Sleeper, Blue by Signature Design by Ashley is a fantastic buy. Designed with curved, exposed faux wood feet, the chaise sleeper has a high-resiliency foam cushion upholstered in warm, textured polyester. Also included is an easy-to-use pull out cushion that is supported by a steel frame, and it has a hint of midcentury style coupled with a contemporary flair. Finally, this product’s assembly is made simple by the inclusion of step-by-by-by-step instructions, tools, and hardware.
- Jarreau Mid-Century Upholstered Sofa Chaise Sleeper, Blue by Signature Design by Ashley is a fantastic buy.
- The chaise sleeper features a high-resiliency foam cushion that is upholstered in cozy, textured polyester and designed with tapered, exposed faux wood feet.
- The chaise sleeper features a high-resiliency foam cushion that is upholstered in cozy, textured polyester and designed with tapered, exposed faux wood feet.
- Easy-to-follow directions, tools, and hardware are all you’ll need to put this thing together.
- There are more comfy chaise sleepers out there, but this one falls short.
8. Signature Design by Ashley – Larkinhurst Contemporary Faux Leather Sleeper Sofa w/ Nailhead Trim – Queen Size – Earth
It’s now easier than ever to get a stylish and comfortable sofa for your house with the Signature Design by Ashley Faux Leather Sleeper Sofa. Its sleek, contemporary style makes it a great addition to any living room. Additionally, the sofa features a corner-blocked frame, a tight back cushion, and a loose seat. This sofa’s faux wood-finished exposed feet make it a superb buy for any price range. Finally, the mattress comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and is easy to remove from the sofa.
- I highly recommend the Signature Design by Ashley Faux Leather Sofa Sleeper.
- Corner-blocking the frame, a tight back, and loose seat cushions give the sofa a tailored look.
- This sofa’s faux wood-finished exposed feet make it a superb buy for any price range.
- The mattress comes with a Certificate of Authenticity and is easy to remove from the sofa.
- A couch
9. Signature Design by Ashley Stoneland Faux Leather Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa, Light Brown
If you’re looking for a premium, easy-to-assemble reclining sofa, the Signature Design by Ashley Stoneland Faux Leather Manual Pull Tab Reclining Sofa, Light Brown is your best bet. The faux leather upholstery is wrapped in a pull tab motion that lets you relax and enjoy your couch in total comfort. Featuring a 93-inch width, 41-inch depth, and 42-inch height, this living room sofa is ideal for relaxing before heading back to your home theater. And for every taste and budget, Ashley Furniture has something for you. buy with confidence knowing that our furniture is designed and manufactured by Ashley Furniture Industries, the trusted source for stylish furniture,
- A reclining sofa that doesn’t require any assembly or installation is a great option for anyone looking for a comfy, luxury piece of furniture that doesn’t take up a lot of space. The synthetic leather upholstery is wrapped in a pull tab action that lets you relax and enjoy your couch in absolute comfort. For those who like to curl up in front of the TV, this living room sofa has a 93-inch width by 41-inch depth and 42-inch height. And for every taste and budget, Ashley Furniture offers something for you. Buy with confidence, knowing that Ashley Furniture Industries, the reputable manufacturer of beautiful furniture, created and manufactures our products.
- The chair back is easy to remove, allowing for a pleasant and sumptuous reclining experience during installation.
- The installation would be impossible without the supplied screwdriver, which is not included in the package.
- Even though it appears to be a simple process, putting it together is more difficult than it first appears.
- The couch isn’t as long-lasting as some of the other options out there.
10. Signature Design by Ashley Coombs Power Double Reclining Loveseat with Center Console and USB Port, Gray
Ashley Coombs Power Double Reclining Loveseat with Center Console and USB Port in Gray is a sophisticated reclining Loveseat that will fit through any 32-inch doorway. The wide track arms and massive, boxy profile give this sofa a very modern appearance in your home. With a corner-blocked frame and a metal-reinforced seat, this chair is built to last. With its UL listing and included power wire, this Loveseat is simple to set up. The smooth, polyester upholstery features deep channel tufting for a clean-lined flair, as well as dual cup holders and convenient storage in the center console, making this car a pleasure to sit in. In the recl
- Ashley Coombs Power Double Reclining Loveseat with Center Console and USB Port in Gray is a sophisticated reclining Loveseat that will fit through any 32-inch doorway.
- The wide track arms and massive, boxy profile give this sofa a very modern appearance in your home.
- With a corner-blocked frame and a metal-reinforced seat, this chair is built to last.
- With a power cord included, the Loveseat is simple to put up and use.
- Soft, polyester upholstery with deep channel tufting for clean-lined flair, together with dual cup holders and convenient storage in the center console, make this car a pleasure to sit in.
1. Where are Ashley Furniture sofas made?
When it comes to Ashley’s furniture, China has been an important market since the 1980s. Four of our manufacturing and distribution facilities are in Wisconsin, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Jacksonville and Vietnam are plants as well.
2. How long does an Ashley Furniture sofa last?
Ashley’s furniture has been popular in China since the 1980s. Wisconsin, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina all have four of our production and distribution sites. Plants can be found in Jacksonville and Vietnam, too.
3. Is American furniture owned by Ashley?
A chain of furniture stores featuring Ashley Furniture items. It has more than 2,000 stores in 20 countries, as well as nine websites. Ashley HomeStore, Inc. founded the company in 1997.
If you’re one of the many people who purchased an Ashley chair, it’s not surprising. It is, nevertheless, essential that you know how to disassemble the Ashley recliner sofa if you plan on relocating or changing its location in the future. The tutorial above goes into more detail, but the crux of it is to turn the sofa forward and remove the locking mechanisms on the underside.
Refer to your model’s instructions, and things should go much smoother. In general, dismantling a recliner sofa is a very simple task as long as you are familiar with its systems.