The importance of nighttime feeding and calming a newborn cannot be overstated. The first few months of my baby’s life were difficult for me as a three-time C-section mother. I often hoped that I could feed my baby closer to me at night, so that waking up to feed my infant didn’t feel like a journey to Mount Doom.
- How to Fold A Playpen Bassinet? Complete Step-by-Step Guide Update 09/2023
- Zampa Playpen How To Fold? Comprehensive Guide Update 09/2023
- How To Choose Baby Mattress? Easy Step-by-step Guide Update 09/2023
- Where Is The Playpen in Chicago? Common Question And Answers Update 09/2023
- Where To Find A Playpen Mat? Choose What’s Best For You Update 09/2023
Halo has responded to the plight of weary parents everywhere by launching a portable bassinet.
To make it simpler to soothe your baby at night (or during a short nap! ), place the Halo Bassinet next to your bedside. It can be swiveled over to your bed and away again. Safe sleep for babies and parents has never been easier for new parents.
Check out our Halo Bassinet review for more information on this nearly-magical sleep aid.
Overview of the Bassinet
The first few months of a kid’s existence are crucial for the development of a strong link between mother and child. When my youngest was a baby, I remember keeping a close eye on him while he slept, unable to rest until I was sure he was breathing normally and comfortably.
With this in mind, the HaloBassinest was created. The Halo is anchored by a strong, four-point base and can be adjusted to fit your bedside. When you’re lying down or sitting up in your own bed, it’s easy to get a pacifier back or hold your baby’s hand. The Bassinest’s bed can swivel 360 degrees, making it easy to pick up and cuddle your baby in the middle of the night. The Halo Bassinest can be used from the time your baby is born until he or she reaches 20 pounds.
If you’ve ever had a baby, you know how often they spit up and blow out their diapers. The Bassinest mattress is easy to clean. Using a moist cloth, it can be cleaned and the mattress is water-resistant To help your baby get used to their new sleeping arrangements, it comes with a machine-washable fitted sheet.
Diapers, nipple cream, and other essentials for new parents can be conveniently stored in a convenient side bag on the Bassinest.
How We Rated the Product
- Function. Do you think the Halo Bassinest achieves its stated purpose? (5 out of 5)
- Safety. Is it safe to use the Halo Bassinest with my newborn? (5 out of 5)
- Affordable. For how long will I be using the Bassinest, how inexpensive is it? (3 out of 5)
- Customization. The Bassinest can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of my family, but how far can I go? (5 out of 5)
- Care. How simple is it to clean and maintain the Bassinest? 4 out of 5 stars
Pros & Cons
Encourages sound sleep.
Extravagance is at your fingertips.
The app is simple to use.
Infrequently used in the long run
Halo Bassinest Features
Anyone’s baby nursery would be incomplete without the Bassinest. The Halo Bassinest can help you sleep better with a newborn baby in a variety of ways:
The Bassinest’s bed may be swiveled around in all directions. When I was still recovering from my cesarean incision, I would have delighted to be able to simply fetch my baby in the middle of the night.
There are four mesh barriers to protect your infant, and one of them can be lowered as you pick up your child, minimizing awkward stretches and making it safe to do so while you’re in bed. To ensure that your kid is safe, the wall jumps back up when you fail to put it up, so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to put it up.
When the infant has finished eating, the Bassinest can be swiveled back next to the parent’s bed so that the baby can be safely re-inserted.
To accommodate most adult beds, the Bassinest’s height can be adjusted from 24″ to 34″. To avoid having to stretch out their arms only to swivel the baby, the stroller’s height can be adjusted.
Parents may rest easier knowing their infant is close by and safe in their own bed, while babies can sleep soundly in their own crib or bed next to them.
When it comes to the Halo Bassinest, there are two deluxe versions for parents who want more bells and whistles.
There is a “Soothing Center” with a night light, two levels of vibrating, and four different calming tones in the Bassinest Premier Series, compared to the Essential Bassinet.
With the Premier, there are two storage pockets instead of one, which means more room for diapers! Using the Bassinest’s Premier option, parents have access to a wide range of relaxing treatments.
In addition to the bassinet, which can be removed, the Luxe Bassinest has many of the same features as the Essential and Premier. It is possible for parents to remove the bed so that they can keep a watch on their child while they are out of the room.
Babies who prefer to slumber in their bassinets can now do so almost anywhere, thanks to the invention of portable bassinets. In addition to machine-washable mesh side walls, the Luxe Bassinest has a detachable storage caddy that is more durable than the pouches on the Essential and Premier.
How to disassemble Halo Bassinet for Storage
Step 1: Remove the mattress pad cover from the bassinet and set it aside.
Step 2: Loosen the plastic cap screws on each side of the halo frame and remove the halo canopy.
Then, loosen the Velcro-adhered bottom end bar support straps, which are placed at the base’s two ends.
Finally, carefully lift from the bottom end while removing the detachable parts (such as the bag, the canopy, etc.) from the vehicle.
Before You Buy the Halo Bassinest
Every family will have unique goals and needs as they welcome a new baby into their lives. It’s important to keep in mind these points as you weigh the Halo Bassinest against other options:
- Every family will have unique goals and needs as they welcome a new baby into their lives. It’s important to keep in mind these points as you weigh the Halo Bassinest against other options:
- When a new baby enters the family, everyone’s expectations and priorities change. There are a few points to take in mind while deciding whether or not to purchase the Halo Bassinest:
- Additional options. In addition to the ordinary Essentia Bassinest, there are more expensive premium models that include sounds and vibrations. Your child may or may not enjoy the sounds and vibrations, so it’s important to think about whether or not to spend money on these additional features.
- Price. The Bassinest can only be used from the time your baby is born until he or she is able to roll over. This is merely a matter of 4 or 5 months for many families. Because you’ll certainly need to buy a second crib for your infant when they outgrow their Bassinest, the price of the Bassinest is something to keep in mind.
- Arrangement of the space. Plan beforehand for where you’ll sleep after the baby arrives at your house. Your room should have enough area for a bassinet adjacent to your bed.
What to look for in a Halo bassinet
Halo bassinets are the only ones on the market with a 360-degree swivel feature. Having a close relationship with their newborns is now much easier for new mothers thanks to this.
Lowering bedside wall
Every first-time mom or dad knows this: When your baby goes to sleep, so do you! Still, you’d like to keep them close to you. Using the lowering bedside wall, the bassinet may be placed directly against the bed, so you don’t have to bend down or modify in order to lift your infant into bed.
Breathable mesh walls
Each and every Halo bassinet has a wall made of permeable mesh, allowing you to see inside from every angle. In addition, appropriate airflow is ensured, which reduces the risk of your baby becoming overheated.
Along with bassinets, Halo sells a variety of other items, including:
- With a fitted sheet, you can wash one while the other is drying, saving time and money. These sheets are made of 100 percent cotton.
- It’s designed to help your baby transition to sleeping on their own.
- As with the mattress that came with the package, this replacement mattress is breathable.
How much you can expect to spend on a Halo bassinet
The Esentia, the entry-level Halo BassiNest, costs $199. Compared to the Luxe, the most expensive model, the Premiere offers additional features and costs $289. For $424, you can have a bassinet that sleeps two children in a crib.
Top Halo bassinet
Halo BassiNest Swivel Sleeper Luxe Series
What you need to know: This is Halo’s top-of-the-line model, which has a detachable bed and a luxurious fabric.
What you’ll like: This is suitable to use with newborns up to 5 months old or 20 pounds in weight. Adjustable from 22 to 34 inches, the strong 4-point base ensures a solid foundation for the chair. It is safe to sleep on the floor with the bassinet detached from the cradle. It comes with a non-toxic flame retardant waterproof mat.
It’s important to keep in mind that the bassinet can’t be folded up for storage or transportation because it preserves its original shape.
The best places to buy: Amazon and Babies R Us
Halo BassiNest Swivel Sleeper Essentia Series
There are a few things you need to know about this bassiNest model: Keep your kid close to you at all times with a 360-degree swivel and an adjustable bedside wall.
A fantastic bassinet for a small nursery, you’ll adore this. It simply need 32 inches of wall space to tuck the base legs beneath the bed. In addition to the mattress, a washable fitted sheet is included with the set.
Customers have complained that the bassinet was not level.
The best places to buy: Amazon and Babies R Us
Halo BassiNest Swivel Sleeper Premiere Series
If your youngster is having trouble falling asleep, this Halo model has a relaxing core that can help.
You’ll like the two handy storage compartments for all of your baby’s necessities. The two levels of soft vibrations and four various levels of calming sounds all contribute to a more tranquil atmosphere. This variant also includes a night light and a floor lamp.
This bassinet is battery-powered and does not require a wall outlet to operate.
The best places to buy: Amazon and Babies R Us
At what age will my baby outgrow the bassinet?
A. These bassinets are suitable for babies between the ages of 5 months and 20 pounds. It’s time to say goodbye to the bassinet if your baby is able to roll over or stand on their hands and knees.
What is the best way to clean a Halo bassinet?
A.The bassinet’s linens and bedding can all be washed in the machine. Wipe down the mattress and the frame with a damp cloth instead of washing them in the machine.
What’s included in the “soothing center?”
A.The soothing center contains a nursing timer, the ability to create soothing vibrations, music options to help lull your newborn to sleep, and a nightlight that can provide additional illumination when needed. B.
I wish I had known about the Halo Bassinest when I was a three-time breastfeeding and C-section mother. Every new parent can benefit from the Halo Bassinest, which was meticulously built with cluster feeding and a deep bonding relationship with your infant in mind.
The Halo Bassinest is a tranquil newborn sleep sanctuary because of the security of having your baby close while sleeping and the simplicity with which you can get to them if they cry.
Now, let’s all hope for a good night’s sleep.