When it comes to Graco high chairs, many people wonder how to fold them. You need not be concerned; we have the solution for you. For some reason, each highchair brand seems to have its own unique method of keeping the chair in place when it’s not in use.
If you’re not familiar with the fundamentals, it can be tough to figure out which parts to push and which sections to pull in order to work hidden mechanisms that will finally cause the highchair to collapse and return to its original location.
On the subject of folding highchairs, we looked at the Cosco and Graco models in this post (One that requires just one hand to make your life a little bit easier).
Top 9 Benefits Of High Chair For Babies
1. Encourages Independent Eating In Babies
Self-feeding gives growing eaters the motor abilities they need, such as the pincher grasp.
Using a high chair for babies who are able to sit unaided may encourage them to eat on their own at a young age. As a bonus, it makes it simple for you to feed them.
2. Helps Child To Quickly Learn To Feed Himself
When placed in the best feeding high chair, children quickly learn how to feed themselves. They are able to play, explore, and even take a bite and swallow it on their own.
In addition, children who eat alone gain valuable life skills such as self-control, awareness of their hunger cues, and the ability to eat only as much as they desire.
3. Makes Feeding Easier
High chairs make it much easier to feed oneself in them as well. All of your child’s food and drink can be conveniently stored in the tray’s cup holder, which is included as standard equipment on high chairs.
You could also feed them without having to keep up with them as they scurried around.
4. Makes Cleaning Easy
For a newly-minted mother who already has her hands full, it’s understandable that the transition to self-feeding might be an unwelcome and time-consuming mess.
Using a high chair, you can keep the mess contained in a single area.
In addition, cleanup is a breeze when a spat mat or newspaper is used underneath the chair. Isn’t that something you’d be all for? In addition, most high chairs are designed to be simple to clean.
Clean-up is a breeze thanks to the simple removal and reinstallation of food trays. To make things a little easier, dishwasher-safe trays are also available.
Other than the food tray, all of the other components are easily cleaned with a soapy cloth. That’s a great idea!
5. Safety & Security
This is a fact that cannot be argued with. The well-being of your children is of utmost importance to you as a parent.
A high chair is a piece of furniture that is specifically designed for children under the age of two.
In order to ensure the comfort of a developing newborn, they are specially designed with high safety features.
In addition, they are equipped with safety belts to keep them in place during the course of the meal.
The delicate backs of extremely young newborns can be supported by high chairs with reclining seats.
You can choose from a wide range of high chair types, ranging in price from the inexpensive to the extravagant.
You can save money by purchasing a high chair that grows with your child (adjustable heights) and can be reused for any future children you may have if you choose the proper type.
Wooden high chairs are also available if you prefer to avoid using plastics. Safe!
6. Enables Inclusion of Babies During Family Mealtimes & Other Activities
Any family’s mealtimes are critical. Families are being encouraged to have family mealtimes, which means that babies are encouraged to eat along with their parents.
Children learn socializing and etiquette by making eye contact with everyone in the family, which aids in their development.
In addition, your child will learn the value of family life and will feel included rather than left out.
Place the high chair at the family table and you’re done. Isn’t it obvious? Assume you’re planning a party and you’ve invited people to join you.
In order to incorporate your infant in the festivities, high chairs are a great option.
They won’t feel left out, and they’ll pick up good habits by imitating the behavior of others.
7. Helps You Manage The Child While Working
You probably picture them at mealtimes because that’s the primary use of a high chair.
Of course, you can use the high chair for other purposes besides feeding your child in it.
When you’re occupied with other tasks, it could function as a safe place for your child to rest.
Give them something to occupy their time, such a stuffed animal or building blocks, and you won’t have to be concerned about their well-being.
But, as always, keep an eye on your child while he or she is in a high chair.
8. Watch TV, Tablets, Books & Other Activities
You won’t have to worry about them watching TV or using their phone while you’re away. While they’re seated in the high chair, you may give them a few cartoon books to read.
9. It Can Be Used For Reading & Practicing Till They Outgrow The Weight Limit (20 Kg)
As kids get older, the high chair can be a useful teaching tool.
A pen and paper with which they can practice scribbling until they grow out of it will suffice. We could go on and on.
For good reason, high chairs have been around for a long time.
They’ve been trusted by parents for years because of their adaptability, comfort, and ability to foster independence in their children.
Buying a high chair seems like a logical next step in your baby’s development, given all of the alternatives listed.
You don’t have to worry about anything if you choose a model that’s right for your youngster and your wallet.
We’ve merely scratched the surface of the plethora of advantages that exist.
3 Things To Keep In Mind Before Storing High Chair
Before putting away your highchair, there are three considerations to make to ensure that it is in tip-top shape. Your baby’s highchair may not be necessary if you follow these simple steps. Hopefully, it will last long enough to provide for the needs of a future infant.
1. Remove Your Baby
Your baby must be removed from the highchair before you can begin any other task.
2. Remove The Tray
There are several high chair trays that can be folded away with the tray connected. Several highchairs on the market necessitate that the tray be removed for storing purposes.
To remove a tray from a high chair, you typically press and hold down two buttons on each side of the chair, near to where the tray is fastened in place. Pressing both buttons at the same time may be necessary to free the tray, and then you may need to give the tray some gentle wiggles to get it out.
3. Clean Highchair Thoroughly
Usage a moist cloth to clean the highchair after each use. If the owner’s manual for the dishwasher does not mention that the tray and covers can be machine washed, then they probably aren’t. Warm soapy water can be used to clean your high chair of any lingering odors or flecks of grime. To prevent mold from forming, wipe the surface dry with a damp cloth.
Step By Step Guide On How To Fold A Graco High Chair
Consider purchasing a highchair that collapses with one hand if you are having difficulty putting it away. Highchairs with one-handed operation are available from a variety of manufacturers, including Graco and Nook.
For the majority of mothers, Graco has devised a highchair that can be assembled and folded with just one hand. This means that constructing your highchair no longer necessitates that you put your baby down.
Graco high chairs, which are well-known for their one-handed folding design, are demonstrated in the video below.
- Stand behind the highchair and seek for the handle that goes parallel to the seat’s backrest. ‘
- Avoid causing the chair’s back leg to sag by placing your foot behind it before attempting to collapse it. Pinch and draw up the highchair handle while holding the release mechanism in place. When you’re doing this, you’ll notice that the tray is sinking downwards.
- Move the handle downward to slide the seat into the legs once the highchair tray is entirely deflated in line with the front legs.
- Pull the handle back towards you once the seat is completely flattened. As a result, the front leg and seat will be brought closer to the back leg, which you should be firmly clamping to the ground with.
Graco High Chair Assembly and Folding Instructions can be seen in the video below.
Step By Step Guide On How To Fold A Cosco High Chair
- To begin, approach the chair from the back, since this will make it much easier to identify the levers or triggers you need to push, which may be difficult to reach from the front.
- On the chair’s back, look for the two latch release triggers. On each side, there is a corresponding one positioned near the end of the side rails.
- Do this by simultaneously releasing both triggers. Despite this, completing both latches, especially if they are a touch stiff, may be a challenge. However, rest your thumb or the rest of your hand against the chair to give yourself leverage.
- If you press the triggers correctly, your high chair will make a clicking noise and begin to raise up from the bottom.
- As the chair begins to topple over, let go of the triggers and raise your hands a little higher.
- Seat and back of the chair should be aligned with the chair legs by pushing them down and up. Using one hand, grab hold of both legs and the seat railings.
- In order to move and store the highchair, hold the chair together in this position with your hands. As there are no fastenings to keep it in place once it’s collapsed, the chair will likely fall back open if you try to hold it by the top or bottom alone.
Cosco High Chair Folding Demonstration Video
Cosco folding high chairs, for example, fold up little and can be stored at grandma’s place. Remember to constantly secure your child in the high chair and keep an eye on him or her at all times.
High Chair Safety Tips To Remember
When utilizing a high chair for your infant, keep these safety precautions in mind.
- Keep to the manufacturer’s height and weight limits.
- On a flat surface, always set the highchair. You should also make sure that the legs are equal in length from time to time.
- Always lock the chair’s wheels and other moving parts after you’ve assembled it.
- You should never leave your child unattended, even for a brief period of time.
- When your baby is in the chair, use the safety straps and crotch straps.
- Keep the high chair a few feet away from any other tables, as your baby may use them as a rocking chair support.
- The high chair should not be used as a place for your kid to stand.
- When not in use, carefully disassemble the chair.
7 Best Graco High Chairs
1. Graco Slim Snacker High Chair
A foldable high chair like the Graco might be a terrific travel companion and space-saver. Due to its compact size and ease of folding, it’s perfect for apartments and households with limited counter space. Wiping and washing machines can be used to maintain the pad. Convertible three-point and five-point harnesses are included with the snack chair for your baby’s protection.
- A footrest is included for the baby’s convenience.
- A mesh basket for storing things.
- Three reclining postures are available.
- A large snack tray that doubles as a safety grip is provided.
- There is a possibility that the seat is too firm.
- Some babies may have difficulty reaching the tray because of its height.
2. Graco DuoDiner LX High Chair
To accommodate the changing needs of a developing infant, the Graco 3-in-1 highchair reclines into numerous positions. As the cushions are feathered, your infant will have a comfortable place to sit on this chair. In order to protect your child, the high chair features a footrest and a strong frame. Both the tray and the seat can be washed in the washing machine.
- Includes securing straps for the infant.
- The design of a device that can be taken anywhere
- Three-point and five-point harnesses are interchangeable.
- Snack tray that can be easily removed and cleaned in the dishwasher
- It may be difficult to adjust the seat.
3. Graco Made2Grow High Chair
Graco’s 6-in-1 high chair is an adjustable chair that grows with your child. It has a machine-washable, long-lasting seat that requires little upkeep. Your baby may be fed comfortably at any table in the house thanks to its three reclining positions and durable snack tray. Because of its convertible design, this chair can be used as either a booster or a stool for children under the age of 12.
- Lightweight and compact
- a plush and cozy place to sit
- Two separate seats are possible.
- Safe for the dishwasher tray
- Seat belts may be too short.
4. Graco Table2Table Convertible High Chair
This Graco high chair is built to last and can accommodate a baby through all seven stages of growth and up to 60 pounds. It can be used as a high chair, a booster, or two chairs depending on your preferences. Your kid will be seated comfortably thanks to the reclinable design. Feeding or sitting on the stool is made easier with the adjustable height of this chair.
- This is a design that can be used in many ways
- A footrest is included.
- Plastic tray that’s easy to clean
- Aids in a rapid set-up.
- A sophisticated strapping system may be involved.
- The seat cannot be washed in a machine.
5. Graco DuoDiner DLX High Chair
The Graco high chair 6-in-1 has three reclining settings and five adjustable heights to accommodate your baby’s changing demands. In a matter of seconds, it may be transformed from a dining chair to a booster. If necessary, the design can be modified to make two chairs. As a result of its foldability, this high chair is an excellent travel companion for your infant.
- The seat pad is machine washable.
- Adds extra comfort with plush harness covers.
- Safe for the dishwasher tray
- There are three different positions for the footrest.
- It’s possible that putting the chair together will be tough.
- Is lacking a storage container of any kind.
6. Graco Blossom Convertible High Chair
The many advantages and simple conversions of this Graco blooming high chair make it an excellent alternative for families with two children. It’s built with plenty of room for both a baby and a toddler to feel at home. Using a three- and five-point harness, this chair ensures the protection of your child. With lockable rear casters, the base can be made stable while still being easily portable.
- Seats that are easy to get in and out of
- A wide range of reclining positions are available
- Dishwasher-safe food tray that can be removed for easy cleaning
- Seats can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Perhaps it’s not the lightest of items.
- It may be difficult to clean up the setup.
7. Graco Simple Switch Portable High Chair
This Graco high chair has a convertible design that allows you to change the setup as your baby grows. It makes it easier for your infant to access the tray or side table without sacrificing their comfort. It can accommodate a maximum weight of 60lb and features a three- and five-point harness to keep your child safe. The folding legs and reclining seat make this chair easy to transport.
- As a high chair, it can also be utilized as a booster seat.
- A footrest is included.
- Washable chair cushions
- Tray that is lightweight and easy to clean
- It is possible that the straps are short.
How To Choose The Right Graco High Chair?
For Graco high chairs, look for the following characteristics.
- Consider a model that has a variety of reclining positions for the seats. Height-adjustable furniture is a nice perk because it makes caregiving easier.
- Graco has a wide variety of convertible versions, ranging from two to seven positions. These seats can be used as high chairs, boosters, or even stools when needed. Choose a Graco product that’s right for you and your family’s needs.
- Footrest: As your child grows older, they may require a footrest in their chair. As a result, you may want to explore this as an additional choice.
- Most Graco models have covered seats that make cleaning the cushions much easier. Also, keep in mind the seat and tray’s machine washability and dishwasher compatibility to make cleaning a breeze.
- A safety harness should be included in any high chair you purchase. A five-point harness is usually the best option. Convertible harnesses are an added advantage on some models, allowing you to use the chair with virtually any stool. Find a chair with a wide base, crotch post, and locking wheels.
- Graco’s trays are made of high-quality, durable plastic. Choose a model with a strong tray and tight latches to avoid inadvertent food spills. You can also seek for additional features, such as cupholders and raised edging.
What makes Graco high chairs stand out from other brands?
There is no doubt that Graco is an expert in the manufacturing of baby items. Baby and parent alike can enjoy a stress-free upbringing thanks to the thoughtful design of each item. Among other things, these high chairs include wide bases for stability and other safety measures. Durability is another feature that distinguishes Graco’s offerings.
Do Graco high chairs have a maximum age or weight limit?
Graco high chairs have a maximum weight limit since the maximum age is somewhat subjective. Up to 40 pounds can be held by the regular model.
Do Graco high chairs have crotch posts?
Yes, all Graco high chairs have crotch posts included. One of the most important functions of this high chair is to keep the child from falling out.
In my opinion, this post has provided a thorough examination of the topic of how to fold a Graco high chair?
If you know enough about foldable high chairs, you can make an informed decision about which model is ideal for your family, how to store it, and how to maintain it. Do you still want to learn more? Find out how to clean a Graco bassinet in this article.