If you want to take advantage of the Puffy mattress warranty, you should read up on the company’s policies. In this article, we’ll go deeper into the Puffy lifetime guarantee so you can make the most of your purchase. Furthermore, we’ll go through the requirements for participation and the types of flaws that will be covered by the warranty.
Do you want to know how to re-pack your Puffy mattress, too? To perhaps gain something in return? You might want to check out our how-to manual on this method as well.
What Is The Warranty On Puffy Mattresses?
The lifetime guarantee offered by Puffy is standard on all of their mattresses. Therefore, Puffy is one of the safest and most reliable brands to test out, especially for things like beds that we plan to keep for a long time. For a more in-depth explanation of the Puffy Lifetime Warranty, visit their website, but for now, consider the following highlights.
Who are eligible for the Puffy mattress warranty?
- Rest certain that the Puffy mattress you purchased is the real deal.
- You put your Puffy Mattress on a solid foundation, right?
- For all intents and purposes, you are the first owner of a Puffy bed.
Who are not eligible for the Puffy mattress warranty?
- You didn’t buy the Puffy mattress from the official Puffy website, did you? (Learn where to buy a Puffy mattress to prevent the possibility of purchasing a counterfeit product.)
- Your Puffy bed’s shape is all messed up since you utilized the wrong size or damaged support for it.
- You either bought or were given a Puffy mattress.
What does a Puffy mattress warranty cover?
- The mattress has sags, dents, or impressions that are more than 1.5 inches high
- Zipper issues on mattress covers, most often due to poor construction.
- Problems with the seams or tears in the mattress
What is not covered by the Puffy mattress warranty?
- Normal use causes wear and tear.
- Direct mattress damage
- Improper mattress use and the resulting problems
- To be sagging because of a weak bed base or foundation
- Usage-worn zipper fails to close
- The cover has been damaged due to normal use.
- Minor defects in appearance
- Flaws and discolorations
- Mattress firmness is a matter of individual preference.
- Sleep sensitivity and allergies
- Losses caused by kids or pets
- Naturally occurring odors from the mattress components
You may be wondering how long a Puffy mattress lasts given that normal wear and tear are not covered by their lifetime guarantee. If so, you may be interested in our analysis of how long this mattress will last.
How To Make A Puffy Mattress Warranty Claim
- Investigate whether or not the Puffy mattress flaw is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- After determining that your mattress is under the terms of the warranty, please contact Puffy at [email protected]
- To expedite the process, please include your order number and your name in the email.
- In addition to a detailed explanation of the problem and supporting evidence (photos, videos, etc.), the email must be submitted electronically for review.
- Puffy’s response time is three to seven business days.
- The contact page of Puffy also features a phone number.
Does Puffy Have A Lifetime Warranty?
Puffy stands behind the quality of their beds with a lifetime warranty, covering them for as long as you own the mattress. If your warranty claim is approved, Puffy will send you a new mattress at no cost. But before filing a claim, make sure that the problems you’ve had are covered by the warranty and that they aren’t the result of improper use or lack of maintenance.
Do you want to know if any other mattress manufacturers match our lifetime guarantee? When comparing Puffy and Awara, for instance, we found that their respective warranty terms were identical.
What Happens To Returned Puffy Mattresses?
In my opinion, Puffy is the best mattress company because they do not resell the mattresses that are returned to them. They also don’t dispose of them in landfills, which would be wasteful. Instead of keeping the bed for themselves, Puffy gives it to a local charity so that someone in need might benefit from it.
If you aren’t satisfied with your Puffy mattress during the first 101 days, the return process is straightforward. However, Puffy suggests giving the bed a try for 14-30 nights to give your body time to acclimate to the new sleeping surface. Furthermore, if you are not completely pleased with your Puffy mattress, you can send it back for a full refund.
How Do I Claim A Mattress Warranty?
The procedures for claiming a warranty are not standardized between brands or manufacturers. Be sure to hang on to your bed’s proof of purchase paperwork at all times. It is also important to only buy from reputable stores to increase the likelihood that the manufacturer would accept your return.
Puffy mattresses are not covered by the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty, therefore it’s important to know what kind of mattress cover to use on one. In addition, regular care and upkeep are required to extend the life of your mattress.
Puffy Mattress Firmness & Feel
Puffy Mattress Firmness
The Puffy’s medium-firmness is ideal for those who need a lot of pressure alleviation without losing support. Although the top comfort layer will cradle the body, the dense polyfoam underneath will keep you from sinking too far down into the mattress. This support foam allows us to give the Puffy a 6 out of 10 on our scale of mattress firmness. Our scale goes from 1 (the softest) to 10 (the firmest) to describe the firmness of mattresses.
More people can find a comfortable sleeping posture on a medium-firm mattress. They conform well to those who sleep on their back and don’t mind a bit of extra “hug” from their mattress, and they are typically soft enough to comfort those who sleep on their sides. Those who prefer to sleep on their stomachs may not find the Puffy to be a comfortable option because true medium-firm mattresses (those with a firmness level of 6/10) are not normally firm enough to support stomach sleepers.
What Does the Puffy Mattress Feel Like?
The Puffy’s foam feel is neutral while still being sensitive. This makes it a great option for combo sleepers who toss and turn throughout the night. You won’t feel “trapped” in your mattress because to the three-layer foam design.
What Sleeping Position Is the Puffy Mattress Best For?
A score of 1 indicates an extremely low quality. It’s not a good sign when you scored a 2. Three is about average, four is quite good. Rank 5 = Very Good
As a result of the Puffy’s dense base layer, your weight is distributed evenly across the bed. Pressure-relieving foams work well for those who are lighter or average weight and sleep on their backs. Pressure on the lower back is reduced because of the soft upper foam layer, which is ideal for those who currently experience such pain. You may also be interested in learning about the best mattress for side sleepers and the best mattress for stomach sleepers.
The medium firmness of the Puffy will be just right for side sleepers, offering pressure relief and a nice hug to the hips and shoulders. The Puffy’s upper layers are specially designed to relieve pressure on the body’s pressure points and contour to the shape of a sleeping side.
The majority of people who sleep on their stomachs need a firmer, more supporting mattress to prevent their hips from sinking too far into the foam and causing spinal misalignment. Back and neck pain are more likely to occur in those who sleep on their stomachs or backs due to spinal misalignment. See our guide to the best mattresses for stomach sleepers for more great options.
Combination sleepers can find a comfortable resting surface thanks to the sensitive Puffy and conforming foam layers. Whether or not the Puffy works for you as a mattress depends on how you typically sleep. The Puffy is a wonderful option, for instance, if you tend to sleep on your side. Compare the best mattresses for back and stomach sleepers.
Puffy Mattress Performance
Is The Puffy Mattress Cooling?
The Puffy’s all-foam construction prevents much in the way of airflow. In order to reduce the amount of heat retained by the mattress, Puffy injects a layer of gel into the top layer of memory foam. The second layer, which they claim keeps the foam breathable, is made of humidity-resistant memory foam.
Though it’s not the coolest mattress out there, it does a better job of maintaining a comfortable temperature than traditional memory foam.
Edge support is typically poor on a foam mattress unless it is really firm. That’s why it’s not a good idea to sit or sleep close to the side of the bed if you want to avoid sinking in. As far as edge support goes, the Puffy is about par. When seated on the sides of the mattress, we felt a slight sinking sensation, but when resting on the mattress, we were perfectly stable.
You’ve probably seen a snapshot of a hand impression still visible in memory foam a few seconds after the hand was removed, attesting to the material’s sluggish response when pressure is released. The Puffy’s all-foam construction led us to anticipate this, but the mattress’s above-average responsiveness pleasantly surprised us.
Motion Isolation: Is it good for those who share a bed?
The Puffy does a great job of reducing the amount of movement felt by the other sleeper. Because of this, it is an excellent choice for couples who are worried about being disturbed by their partner’s motions during the night.
The Puffy bed is so silent that we didn’t hear a thing.
While Puffy claims its original mattress is cloud-like, people who suffer from back pain may find that the lack of structural support is a major drawback. Back pain sufferers should consider their sleeping position while deciding whether or not the Puffy is the ideal mattress for them.
If you weigh less than 230 pounds, you should be able to sleep on your side without experiencing any painful pressure points in your back, shoulders, or hips. If you sleep on your back, and weigh less than 130 pounds, you shouldn’t experience any new back pain on the Puffy.
Those who prefer to sleep on their stomachs want additional bolstering to prevent their hips from sinking too deeply into the mattress’s surface. Your lower back may arch unnaturally if your hips are sagged, which can lead to or exacerbate current back pain. If you’re looking for a better mattress, consider checking out the list of the top 10 mattresses for back pain.
The Puffy, being a medium-firm, responsive mattress, should not make you feel trapped in your bed. Although it does not make any noise when moved, it retains heat and may be uncomfortable to use during sex.
Bed-in-a-box mattresses, such as the Puffy, often have an off-gassing odor after being unboxed. In other words, this is completely typical. However, it may be unsettling to certain people. You may rest easy knowing that the foams used by Puffy are CertiPUR-US certified and non-toxic. Airing out a new mattress (without sheets or a mattress protector) for at least a couple of days should help get rid of any lingering odors.
Six or seven years is about the average lifespan of a foam mattress before it starts to exhibit wear. You may be eligible for warranty coverage if permanent body impressions on the Puffy exceed 1.5 inches.
Construction: What’s Inside the Puffy Mattress?
The Puffy is a three-layer, all-foam mattress designed to give sleepers a “cloud-like” sensation by reducing pressure points and allowing for air circulation. With softer upper layers that cradle around the body and a dense polyfoam base layer, sleepers should experience a soft cloud-like feel without getting “stuck” in the mattress.
Third, we have a layer of climate-adaptive foam, which is two inches thick and is meant to make the temperature-controlling process more uniform. In order to reduce temperature swings during the night, it is constructed from high-tech materials with resilience to both heat and humidity.
The fourth and final layer is the mattress’s support layer, which consists of six inches of Firm Core foam.
How Do the Policies Measure Up?
Shipping & Unboxing
The Puffy is made in the USA and ships for free via FedEx (there’s a shipping fee to Alaska and Hawaii). Expect your new mattress to arrive within two to five business days.
What Is Covered By the Puffy Mattress Warranty?
- Fabric, stitching, or a zipper that comes loose on your mattress due to a defect in manufacture
- Crumbling, cracking, or splitting foam that isn’t the result of normal wear and use or abuse
- Poorly made mattresses with springs that protrude from the perimeter.
What the Puffy Warranty Does Not Cover
- A loss of stiffness in the foam’s top layer is to be expected over time. After five or ten years, the mattress may lose a point or two of firmness on the 1-10 scale. There is nothing more annoying than discovering that your mattress has lost its once-preferred level of firmness. As a result, gradual softening is not covered by the guarantee.
- Problems that are more personal in nature, such as when the mattress no longer meets your preferences, are not covered by Puffy’s replacement or repair policies. If that occurs, it could be time to look for a replacement.
- One big drawback to bed-in-a-box mattresses is their transient off-gassing, which can last anywhere from 24 hours to 72 hours after unboxing. Although the CertiPUR-US certified foams in the Puffy mattress may cause some discomfort due to their smell, sleep well knowing that you are not putting your health in jeopardy. The off-gassing period should not last more than a few days at most and is not covered by the guarantee.
- Problems with sagging due to insufficient support can be avoided by purchasing a foundation tailored to the dimensions of your new Puffy mattress.
- Because Puffy does not cover unintentional damage, such as when a dog jumps on the bed, when a very large knife is used to open the box, or when a liquid is spilled on the mattress, we strongly advise purchasing a mattress protector.
What Could Void My Warranty?
- Having a base or bed frame that isn’t stable
- For any damage you may have caused by fire, water, or other means
- Mildew, bedbugs, and other pests
- A second-hand Puffy mattress purchase
- Purchasing a Puffy from any source other than Puffy or a Puffy-approved reseller
- Moving outside of the United States
Filing a Warranty Claim With Puffy
Moving outside of the United States
Leave the United States and move abroad
- Whoever placed the Puffy order, please provide their full name.
- Picture or video documentation of the flaw
- Detailed explanation of the flaw
- For the order number, see: (optional)
Next, please submit an email with the aforementioned details to [email protected] A Puffy representative will be in touch with you with next steps within a week.
Trial Period & Returns
Puffy gives you 101 nights to decide if it’s right for you. If, within the first 101 nights of use, you decide the mattress isn’t for you, you can get a complete refund. To facilitate the donation of your old mattress, Puffy will send a representative to your home. In order to make an informed selection, Puffy suggests giving the mattress at least 30 nights to settle in.
Addressing Puffy Mattress Complaints
- When it comes to longevity and sagging, the Puffy isn’t among the best we’ve tested. This is because it is made of only three layers of foam and is therefore quite thin. Both after a few weeks of usage and after years of use, several customers have complained about drooping or indentations in the mattress. Puffy’s lifetime guarantee is good news for those worried about indentations deeper than 1.5 inches. Additionally, the manufacturer provides a 101-night sleep trial, during which time customers can return their mattress for a complete refund if they are not satisfied.
- Consumers have complained that the Puffy’s lack of a proper temperature control makes it an uncomfortable sleeping surface. In fact, some people may get too hot while sleeping on this all-foam mattress. You can locate the perfect bed for your needs on our top cooling mattresses page if you have trouble sleeping due to heat.
Comparing Different Puffy Mattresses
Puffy vs. Puffy Lux Hybrid
There are many similarities between the Puffy and the Puffy Lux, but the Puffy Lux is thicker and softer. Both have elements that keep things at a comfortable temperature and relieve pressure. While both mattresses are suitable for back sleepers, side sleepers will find more comfort on the Puffy Lux.
We also think the Puffy Lux is a better fit for hot sleepers because it replaces the foam foundation with a layer of breathable coils. If you are on a tight budget, we recommend the original Puffy because of its reduced price points.
In comparison to the classic Puffy, the Puffy Royal Hybrid is both higher and fluffier. More layers and a coil system make it more breathable than the original design. Because the Royal is Puffy’s top-tier luxury mattress, it comes at a hefty premium.
The Puffy Royal lives up to the brand’s “cloud-like” claim in terms of comfort. It is the softest of the three options because of its fluffy texture. For individuals who prefer to sleep on their side and sink into their bed, we suggest trying out the Puffy Royal.
Comparing Puffy to the Competition
Puffy Mattress vs. Nectar Mattress
Although both the Puffy and the Nectar are made of memory foam, the Nectar is closer to the “real deal” in terms of how it actually feels. When you shift positions during the night, the mattress takes longer to adjust to your new position.
We found the Nectar to be warmer than the Puffy, therefore we wouldn’t recommend it to people who like to sleep overheated. As an added bonus, the Puffy is slightly more reactive. The motion isolation, pressure relief, and edge support ratings for these beds were all above average. You might save more money on Nectar when discounts are applied.
Puffy vs. Purple
There is no comparison between the Puffy and the Purple mattresses other than the foam foundations used in both. Hyper-Elastic Polymer, used for the Purple’s Smart Grid top layer, is a flexible, cooling, and long-lasting substance. The Grid’s waffle-like design relieves pressure in a similar way to the Puffy’s above foam, albeit to a lesser extent.
Even while the Purple lasts longer and keeps you cooler at night, the Puffy excels in isolating motion and relieving pressure. The Purple is a few hundred dollars cheaper than the Puffy at full price, however the Puffy frequently has sales with much larger savings.
Puffy vs. Casper
Both the Puffy and the Casper are medium-firm memory foam mattresses. Casper includes a feature called Zoned Support that helps alleviate pressure on your lower back even more than on the Puffy. When it comes to mobility and edge support, the Casper also barely beat out the Puffy.
The Casper is the best option for stomach sleepers weighing less than 130 lbs and back sleepers weighing more than 130 lbs. Anyone who sleeps on their side and is of a light to average build can choose either option. While neither mattress is exceptionally cool, the Puffy did a bit better at dissipating body heat. After factoring in seasonal reductions, the Puffy actually ends up being the cheaper of the two options, despite its higher base price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I experience off-gassing with the Puffy?
Unboxing an all-foam bed is usually accompanied by the “new mattress” smell (also known as off-gassing) that many people find unpleasant. The Puffy uses CertiPUR-US certified foams, which have been put through extensive testing to ensure low emissions; this means the smell is safe and will dissipate in a few days.
Is the Puffy mattress durable?
The Puffy is in the middle of the pricing spectrum since it offers both high-quality materials and a reasonable price. The foams used in the original Puffy should survive for at least five years, and maybe longer. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee against sagging and other problems.
Does the Puffy mattress need to be flipped?
Since the Puffy is a one-sided mattress, it is not required to be flipped often. In order to guarantee that your mattress wears evenly over its lifetime, you should rotate it head to foot once a month for the first few months, and subsequently once a season (every three to four months).
In any case, that’s all there is to it! This essay has taught us that in order to make use of the Puffy mattress warranty, we must first establish that the mattress’s flaws are not the result of normal wear and tear. If you want to be sure your Puffy mattress is genuine, you should also verify that you acquired it directly from the company.
If you have any questions about the warranty, please let us know. If you’re interested in learning more about Puffy mattresses, feel free to peruse our posts.