If your recliner chair is too low and you’ve had to take off your shoes or bend over to reach the footrest, this article will show you how simple it is to raise the chair. Using the simple procedures outlined in this article, you can easily adjust the height of your reclining chair so that it’s comfortable for everyone.
How Do Recliner Chairs Work?
Good question and one that is best answered by looking at the type of recliner chairs available.
- This is a valid inquiry, the answer to which can be gleaned from the many models of reclining chairs on the market.
- The most popular type of chair is the electric recliner because it combines two of the most desired features in a chair: comfort and convenience. By simply pressing a button, you may easily recline your chair.
- For me, the best chair available is the electric raise and recline model. What I need is a chair that allows me to recline, but also tilts and rises so that I can get out of it with ease. Although these chairs are more expensive, they are the best option for those with mobility issues.
- Both manual and electric versions of recliners with massage functionality are commercially available. Relaxing massages are combined with the option to recline in a cozy position.
- Indulge in the lap of luxury with a raise and recline chair that also massages you. Of course, you’ll have to pay a pretty penny for one of these chairs. But the upsides are much greater than the drawbacks. Just push a button and you may adjust the chair to lie flat. Pass the time with a relaxing massage that works your way from head to toe. When you’re ready to stand, you can do it from a nearly vertical position.
Furthermore, much to my relief, modern recliner chairs don’t have that institutional aspect that they used to have.
Modern chairs are fashionable and available in a wide variety of colors and fabrics, so it’s easy to find one that will complement any decor.
The Benefits of Using a Recliner Chair.
- For me, the most important thing is comfort. When I sit down, I want to be able to relax without having to fiddle with my position. Dislike needing to constantly rearrange cushions to get comfortable. I’d like a way to kick back and relax without having to lie down.
- Reduces Stress on Joints: Recliners are great for reducing stress on your back, neck, and knees. You, not the chair’s designer, get to choose the most comfortable position, thanks to the chair’s easy adjustment.
- Another perk is mobility; it’s hard for me to walk after sitting or standing still for too long. After sitting or standing for too long, I start to feel stiff. It hurts to move around when my joints are stiff. Because they help relieve stiffness, recliners are a useful mobility assist.
- Freedom – It’s embarrassing, but I occasionally require assistance getting out of my chair. The only thing worse than falling and having to ask one of my boys to assist me up is falling and having to ask both of them. At the very least, a chair that can rise and recline would allow me to continue living on my own without constant assistance from others.
Can a recliner be adjusted?
Your chair can be adjusted in two different ways without risking injury.
The first option is to use the lever located on the side or footrest. The second modification would be to raise and decrease the entire height of the back to find a position that is suitable for watching TV while sitting up straight.
How high should I adjust my recliner?
You may change the height of a reclining chair to sit more upright or lie flat.
You should start by adjusting the chair’s back to a level where you can sit up straight.
Make sure there is space for both your legs and feet when you recline fully; if there isn’t, adjust the height of the chair.
Lever the seat back to a flat position if you want to sleep while sitting.
First of all, if you’re sitting in a chair that has an ottoman next to it, make sure there’s enough space under and around the ottoman while it’s fully lifted.
TIP 2: If you plan to use an ottoman next to your reclining chair and place a table or television on top of it, measure the space under and around the ottoman when it is lifted; if it isn’t enough, adjust the height of your chair so they are both at a comfortable height.
Tips on Raising Your Recliner Chair
Find the lever that adjusts the footrest as step one. It can be right next to you or concealed by a flap on the arm of the lounger (usually at around knee height). Pull up on it until you feel it lock into place if you’re lucky enough to find it close to your feet.
Here’s a pro tip: if the footrest is hidden under the flap, you can unlock it by pulling up on the lever, sliding open the flap, and pushing down on the footrest.
Third, if you need to make your recliner taller, then repeat the instructions above. Once you’ve reached your desired height, lift the lever until you hear a click.
Four, when you press down on the footrest or side of the recliner and the chair doesn’t budge, you know it’s locked into position.
Things to Consider When Buying a Reclining Chair
There are several factors to think about when shopping for a new reclining chair. Plus the following
Given that I have stressed the importance of comfort, the first thing you should do before purchasing a chair is try it out. The vast majority of internet stores have a money-back guarantee. If you end yourself dissatisfied with your purchase, make sure to do it from a vendor who will accept the chair back.
Second, reclining chairs range widely in price. What each chair can do and how it accomplishes it, however, varies greatly. I’d like for everyone to save money, but remember that you get what you pay for. If you’re going to buy a recliner, I recommend getting the greatest one you can afford.
Recliner and Rise and Recline chairs feature moving parts, therefore it’s important to have good after-sale service. Since this is the case, you need to consider the worst-case scenario. The good news is that trustworthy stores will back your new recliner with a guarantee or warranty.
Fourth, Recliners Can Be Heavy and Large It’s important to note that certain recliners are not only large in size but also quite heavy. Assemble the necessary manpower and storage area before attempting to transfer it.
How to Maintain and Care For a Recliner Chair
1. Prevent damage to your chair
It’s ideal to leap into action with a proactive mindset and implement safety precautions before any damage is done to the furnishings. A reclining chair’s lifespan can be greatly extended if it is kept out of direct sunlight. Because leather is used to make most of the seats, they are especially vulnerable to the damaging effects of sun exposure. Fading and cracking in the leather give it an aged, used appearance.
Limiting the penetration of really pungent odors is another precaution that can be taken. For instance, smokers often leave behind a lingering odor on clothing, which hastens the aging process.
The last thing to remember is that it’s important to frequently replace the saggy cushions. Since prolonged, intense use typically hastens the deterioration process, this will slow it down.
2. Deep clean the leather
Cleaning and caring for leather reclining chairs can be a hassle. Despite the price, many people would rather have experts handle the situation. But there is a method for individuals who would prefer to do the cleaning themselves. The most important piece of advise is to stay out of the water. The liquid produces massive stains on the leather, which is a major drawback to utilizing it.
Use a steam cleaner instead, as it is the most effective alternative. It’s an added cost you might be unwilling to bear, but it pays off in the end. It not only cleans the air of the ordinary dust, but also of any unpleasant odors that may have built up. A different choice is to use saddle soap. The filth will be eliminated and the seat’s durability will be preserved.
3. Look after the fabric
Fabric recliners are easier to maintain than leather ones when it comes to cleanup. However, it is no reason to disregard it. Vacuuming should always be the top priority. Recliner chair upholstery is often made of fragile materials and must be handled with care. A gentle brush is suggested for the task.
In addition, baby wipes are a great tool to have on hand while cleaning the seats. That’s the most effective method for cleaning up minor messes.
Keeping microfiber cleaning cloth on hand is another smart idea. When used in conjunction with a dedicated fabric cleaner, it can produce remarkable results. Although the material probably isn’t as water-sensitive as the leather, it’s still best if the owner can keep it dry.
4. Take care of the mechanics
What sets a recliner apart from a regular chair is its mechanism. Mobility and the ability to adjust its position are also crucial for servicing purposes. It’s especially important in older reclining chairs because those people often can’t take good care of their furnishings. It’s important to remember to oil the moving parts on a regular basis.
Once again, it’s preferable to take preventative measures than than repair damage after the fact. Don’t wait for the chair to start making noise or the safety of the movement to be suddenly compromised. Lubricate it in advance, and it will work reliably for a long time.
Are You Considering a Recliner Chair?
If so, I hope the preceding summary has provided helpful context for making an informed chair purchase decision.
There is no doubt that the advantages of a reclining chair greatly outweigh the expense of purchasing one. What price health? That question also applies to health maintenance.
If you have a recliner or rise and recliner, I’d love to hear from you. Tell me about the chair you’re using and whether or not you believe it was worth the investment in the comments below.